• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ADS

so, do i get a cut of that donation?

I mean, if people are paying money to view this site, and i have thousands of posts that people find helpful, then these people are giving money to the forum owners in order to benefit from my posts.

yes, im being somewhat facetious, but doesn't it seem like kind of a jerk move to make those of us who post the helpful information pay to enjoy the site without ads?

sure, the rules do state that anything posted here becomes the property of the site owners, so they are perfectly within their rights to do this, i just feel like it goes against the sprit of the radio hobby.

I am very tired of the new format and the constant ads i have to navigate through, but i chalked it up to a necessary evil.
now finding out that my provided content doesn't really hold any value to the site owners just kind of rubs me the wrong way.

IDK am i wrong for feeling this way?
LC

so, do i get a cut of that donation?

I mean, if people are paying money to view this site, and i have thousands of posts that people find helpful, then these people are giving money to the forum owners in order to benefit from my posts.

yes, im being somewhat facetious, but doesn't it seem like kind of a jerk move to make those of us who post the helpful information pay to enjoy the site without ads?

sure, the rules do state that anything posted here becomes the property of the site owners, so they are perfectly within their rights to do this, i just feel like it goes against the sprit of the radio hobby.

I am very tired of the new format and the constant ads i have to navigate through, but i chalked it up to a necessary evil.
now finding out that my provided content doesn't really hold any value to the site owners just kind of rubs me the wrong way.

IDK am i wrong for feeling this way?
LC
I look at it this way LC... They are providing a space for us to share information and they need to pay the bills, one way or another. So either we put up with the adds that pop up, or we toss them a pittance every now and again to keep the lights on.
I'm good with it. I know it ruffles some feathers, but it's the world that we live in.

LC, I "work here" for free and have for many years.
BJ and Captain as well.
Tim foots all the bills, software, monthly fees all the normal stuff.

Right now there is time consuming work being done to improve the site and provide info to all the members here.
Rogerbird1 is moving his content here.
Soon you all will have access to the CB Tricks archives that is work in progress now.
All of us enjoy the radio hobby in some way or another and we keep this place going.
I will publicly thank everyone that contributes to the content here.
From the members that asks questions to any one that just tries to help it's all about sharing in our hobby.
So, yes there are perks to becoming a " supporting member" and helping keep it going much like Benny used to do with his site supporters.
Another option is a AD Blocker.

Jeff

I'd rather spend $25 every two years and know exactly where to find the info or get instant help vs spending nothing and having to hunt info for hours/days/weeks as happened with CBT. Info is free, it's the time and knowledge getting the info that cost.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.