• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

air asia crash.

That's bad. Looks initially like they lost their port engine but that shouldn't cause a crash unless the crew didn't have the training to deal with it like US trained cockpit crews do.

Why do the news reports state that the aircraft hit a bridge then crashed.When the video clearly shows that the aircraft was crashing long before it hit the bridge.Either way a tragedy .

If you look at the videos both props are turning at the time of impact on the bridge. You can easily see that the aircraft is flying very slow so at the moment of impact either the left wing stalled causing the turn to the left or the pilot tried to divert to the left to line up better with the river. The ATR-72 will fly easily one engine out, it will even climb at a reasonable rate. Something had to cause loss of power in both engines for this accident to happen as it did.

Why do the news reports state that the aircraft hit a bridge then crashed.When the video clearly shows that the aircraft was crashing long before it hit the bridge.Either way a tragedy .

An aircraft crashes when it hits the ground not before hence the statement that it hit a bridge WHEN it crashed.It then ended up in the river.

If I was that cab driver I would buy a lottery ticket BTW. Talk about lucky.

Well I guess the stereotype of Asians driving poorly must be updated to include flying too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.