• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

alinco dx 70 th

skip searcher

Nov 17, 2006
IRELAND
are there any operators using an alinco dx 70 th obviously not the king of transcievers but for a begginner not a bad radio to start with im interested in hearing views on this radio also what do they talk like on am ive heard some hf radios dont do so good on am 0-30mhz coverage if im not mistaken and variable power there are some operators using these in ireland as mobiles and have good reports not great coverage though like i said im just starting out in the hf field many thanks for all advice and comments wj 450 29 division ireland

Alinco makes Exellent radios.

i use Alinco D235T and works great
mine has Great audio and gets out very well
this is harder since it is on 222 to 225 mhz

a HF Alinco has far easier frequencys far more friendly to talking both distance and local

Who is watching Daytona 500 ?

I'm using a DX70Th in the shack now (along with a DR-610), I've had it for a long time , maybe 9 years or more. Has been mobile and worked pretty well.
Its a really simple set to use, performance is good, it could use some better noise filtering. Can't say I have used it on AM , its a mode not often used in Australia.
As to variable power, it is high or low..thats it. There is an internal high/low switch as well, which drops it from 100w to 50w I think.
Continious TX coverage is by desoldering some SMT resistors on the back of the control head, it you are interested in that..
If you can pick one up at a good price, go 4 it..

I still run a DX-70T as a backup rig. I bought it new in 1995 and ran it mobile for about 5 years. Had to retire it from mobile use when I started driving the newer computer run trucks. The noise blanker is worthless in it, but that is the only complaint that I have. By the way, my IC-706MkIIg does no better. I now run an IC-7000 and am very happy. The Alinco does a good job on AM, but you need to run it on low power if you talk much. The only difference between the DX-70 T and the DX-70TH, is the TH runs 100 watts on 6 meters, compared to the 10 watts of the T.

Rich

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.