• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AM/FM/Car Stereo

Simon did a write up a while back. As soon as they put sideband in it, I will buy one.....

Last edited:
About 45 years ago, I got my hands on a JIL SSB add-on radio element for a JIL stereo, never could find the matching radio for it. I think it had a 24 pin round mic plug, and mode and channel selection was in the mic.

Reactions: whiteastro
I ran across it on fleabay for $110 bucks.
From time to time I see someone wanting a compact CB for casual use and in a DIN package for in dash use this might fit the bill.
SSB in this size would be cool for today's cars.

Jeff

I believe this may be from the same Chinese factory that makes PNI radios, but not certain.
These AM/FM/CB combinations do not have a great history. Handy if you have limited room for a radio and are a casual user, but if you're really serious about your radio, probably best avoided.
Doubt they'll ever include SSB in one of these, as they are aimed squarely at the casual user market, and most of those folks would never use SSB anyways.
Just my 2 cents worth..............

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.