• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ameritron 811-hd

I’ve bought/sold on QTH for years without an isssue. When you respond to an ad using the email link the listing persons phone number is there so you can call them.

The CAPTAIN is right “one of the better places to deal on!”

Last edited:
ok check them out again..what type of plug do I need on the end of the foot pedal???rca or a quarter inch phono plug??

same plug for the ameritron right?so would it be feasible to spend $1000 on a heathkit sb220 that's somewhere around 25 years old or spend $950 on a new ameritron al-811h with less watts with a warranty..

Ameritron will not warranty the 811A tubes if it is evident that they were run hard. The plates are pretty thin and fragile and I have actually seen holes burned straight thru the plates of 811A's from operators running them too hard especially in AM service. It just kills them. My personal preference is for an amp that uses external anode ceramic tubes. In CB-speak they are called steel tubes even though they are NOT made of steel. That reminds me I need to get back on my little home brew amp project that uses a 3CX3000A7 tube. :D

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated