• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ameritron AL-1500 Upgrade

Ten filter caps instead of eight?

Yowza!

Clearly the way to go. Especially if he's using the 105-degree rated caps shown in the pics. That's always been our preference in the HV boards we sell. Don't plan to make one for those models any time soon.

That's good business. I found some (supposedly) 500v caps for mine and run it with 4kv on the plate. I know better but like excitement. When those explode this might be a nice upgrade. I like that he still has 56uf with the two additional caps.

Reactions: Slowmover
I think I have a failed cap on my al- 1500. Haven't taken a look yet . My plan is to order the upgrade kit . Did it come with any kind of instructions ?

Thanks
KK4ZDR

Did it come with any kind of instructions ?

Not sure what more you need that is not in the picture of the board below.
David
Installation-768x414.jpg

I think I have a failed cap on my al- 1500. Haven't taken a look yet . My plan is to order the upgrade kit . Did it come with any kind of instructions ?

Thanks
KK4ZDR

As Dmans wrote, the board is pretty much self explanatory.
No written instructions. You just have to be able to determine the proper connection points. They are labeled, although not in the same exact position as the stock board.
I did not have any issues.

Hi Booker: Good to see you here! New board should be straight forward replacement on the 1500. Take pictures of old board before removal...label the wiring, just in case someone made a color change...Should be good to go.
All the Best...CU on 6 meters!!!:whistle:(y)
Gary/W9FNB

The MAGIC BAND is my FAVORITE BAND.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW EM80 {:>)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.