• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ameritron use on 11m.

EDUK8TR

I know this has probably been a previous thread but the search I did was lacking in information so I'll pose this inquiry.

The Ameritron line of RF amps are modifiable for 10m and can be had from different sources already modified. In most Instances I notice that the band switch for 10m is the AUX position. My question is,in the 10m/Aux position do these amps tune well and at their advertised full output on 11m? Anybody here currently running an Ameritron AL-80 or higher on 11m and what kind of results are you seeing. Some of the info I have looked at indicates that even on 10m these amps operate at reduced performance.

Thanks!

Wayne C.

EDUK8TR said:
I know this has probably been a previous thread but the search I did was lacking in information so I'll pose this inquiry.

The Ameritron line of RF amps are modifiable for 10m and can be had from different sources already modified. In most Instances I notice that the band switch for 10m is the AUX position. My question is,in the 10m/Aux position do these amps tune well and at their advertised full output on 11m? Anybody here currently running an Ameritron AL-80 or higher on 11m and what kind of results are you seeing. Some of the info I have looked at indicates that even on 10m these amps operate at reduced performance.

Thanks!

Wayne C.
yES CUT THE GREEN WIRE

dxChat
Help Users