• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ammo Availability In Your Area ?

357magnum

Feb 25, 2014
Coventry RI
Just thought I'd ask . How's the Ammo Inventory around your area ? o_O To be honest I didn't realize you can't buy a lot of calibers here in RI ! Stores/Gun Shops sold out ! I reload my own so I was ignorant to the fact ( which is not hard for me anyway :D ) I'm not sure of all calibers , but 38's for sure ! Let's put it this way , I been re-connecting with a lot of old friends lately , Phone calls & Pm's " Hey Leo got any 38's you can spare ? " I just had another one yesterday ! :ROFLMAO: But it's time to put the lock on the ammo locker ! After checking a few of my sites I buy from the Projectiles I use say " On Back Order , No Delivery Date " . :whistle: I can make my own for some but we all know that Melting & Molding Lead can be a PIA ! Just thought I'd ask . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

You gotta know when to hold'em...know when to roll'em :barefoot:

upload_2021-4-26_10-44-26.jpeg

We have an ammunition factory in town and the local gun store can't seem to keep any on the shelf for a whole day. This is with restrictions on how many boxes you can buy in a single transaction.

80 miles away in the "big" town it's worse. I've got people from there asking me to buy stuff here, especially 9mm, because they can't find any anywhere near them.

I heard it was bad all over , thought I'd do a check ! :whistle: Np's loading all my Brass , but I never had a shot shell reloader . My wife took care of that . She bought me a Mec Progressive Loader . It sure looks nice mounted on my bench , that's about it ! Powder .. Check , Wads ... Empty Cases Check but only lead I can find is some 7 & I think it was 9 shot . I don 't want to shoot clays ! :LOL: I might reload some Crossman BB's but I read they might tear the barrel up ? Anyone ever load any ? I don't want to try making shot .

BB's watch out! Steel inside that copper covering.

I once tried loading steel ball bearing for 12 ga. Ithaca - found out that was not a good thing, end of barrel looked like a "peeled banana"...........................Ya those were the good old days back in the 60's

You could load the BB's just like you would for steel shot, just make sure your barrel will work with "Steel" and use modified choke.

My Rem 870 WingMaster which is 39 yrs old now, has shot a couple 100 rds of steel with no problems, using a modified or larger choke also. The Beretta 303 is also ok for steel.

Last edited:
I heard it was bad all over , thought I'd do a check ! :whistle: Np's loading all my Brass , but I never had a shot shell reloader . My wife took care of that . She bought me a Mec Progressive Loader . It sure looks nice mounted on my bench , that's about it ! Powder .. Check , Wads ... Empty Cases Check but only lead I can find is some 7 & I think it was 9 shot . I don 't want to shoot clays ! :LOL: I might reload some Crossman BB's but I read they might tear the barrel up ? Anyone ever load any ? I don't want to try making shot .
Rotometals has 6s in stock; $180 for 50 lbs. including shipping. That's expensive, but it's enough for 800, 1 oz loads.

I use match grade Berger tips for my .308 and my .226. Very pricey however my god what a difference. I'm at work now however I can post the Tip numbers I use. I'm sure they are crazy expensive now, or hard to get. I have a bunch

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated