1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Ammo sales....

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by 74IN, Mar 7, 2013.

1. 74IN

74IN Well-Known Member

I noticed a member here ridiculing the price paid for a box of .22 ammo on here.

The reason for the inflated price is because there is NO ammo available at local retail stores.

My local WalMart has a big empty glass case with NO .22 ammo. Same goes for the next town over.

Same goes for the Big R store. It has a big sign that says, verbatim, Due to a nationwide shortage of ammo, store policy prohibits sale of more than two boxes of ammo. Over cases that hold NO ammo.

Get them while you can..

2. psycho

psycho Running a special on our rooms!

The largest gun store in the area got in another 250,000 rounds of 22LR ammo and it was gone in 8 hours.
    22 ammo is available and the bunker dwelling preppers are buying it all up as soon as it hits the retail shelves. Pathetic that they have watchers in the stores who are there ONLY to let the hoarder grapevine know they got more in stock.
    Even worse is that a good portion of these assholes buy up all the 22 ammo and auction it off on gun auction and gun broker.

3. gamegetter

gamegetter Well-Known Member

It's like the dog chasing his tail. Once he gets it, he'll figure out he really did not need to do that.

:bdh:

4. Brake Weight

Brake Weight Active Member

I've got a couple hundred .22 wildcat. I wonder what it'd go for?

5. hookedon6

hookedon6 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

be careful,... many states now require ANYBODY to have a state tax stamp to sell any ammo to anyone.

I kinda found this out the hard way:oops:

6. Shadowman2

Shadowman2 Active Member

Moronic pricing can only exist as long as there are idiots willing to pay the price.

7. Brake Weight

Brake Weight Active Member

It ain't going anywhere. It was getting hard to come by before Obummer.

8. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

Put a limit of one brick per prepper.

9. TonyV225

TonyV225 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Thats been going on for a few months here in Wi. Apparently the government has put in huge orders for ammo which is the reasons or claims of not having any or limited ammo available to or for general public.

I smell B.S. and if this is true Im sure it was done on purpose and cant wait to see what their next move will be.

10. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

I don't think the government buys much .22 calibre. I know the USAF uses it it converted AR-15's for small arms qualification. I never seen it used in the ARMY. I doubt Jarheads use it, the NAVY might, I don't know.

11. psycho

psycho Running a special on our rooms!

Yes the USAF basic trainees do use M-16s chambered for 22LR but not very much at all aside from qualifying.

12. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

13. Justme

Justme Sr. Member

No shortage here in the Netherlands, shedloads of .22 LR ammo to be had. ebven US brands CCI Federal etc.
    European brands RWS ELEY etc as much as i want as well for my .357M .44M ,30 M1 rounds and .223.
    A brick oof CCI mini mag goes here for 30 euro a 1000 RWS pistol match 35 euro a 1000 brick.
    Fiotchi and the others are all around in the same ballpark, no restrictions on amount i want to buy.

Larger calibers are all handloaded and components are plentyfull in supply.
    Enough to reload 10.000 rounds here and a few 1000 bricks .22 LR.
    Shooting every week here.

14. gamegetter

gamegetter Well-Known Member

:p:

nice, wonder how many rounds that mag holds?...i'd have to have 40 or 50 thousand rounds on hand though!

15. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

It uses 4 different pan mags that hold between 165-275 rounds.

I watched a video of them using these in a prison. It was mounted on a railing and was able to quickly concentrate every round on a small area. I'd like to shoot one of them, looks like a blast.

It'd be a varmint eliminator.