1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Ammo sales....

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by 74IN, Mar 7, 2013.

1. TonyV225

TonyV225 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

:oops: Hi guys, I should clear this up and tell you I was not speaking of just .22 but all ammo in general. ;)

2. Shioda

Shioda Active Member

When I ordered my P239, there were about 50 boxes of 9mm on display. When I picked it up 10 days later, all gone. Should have gotten the 40 s&w version.

3. Qwazyone

Qwazyone Active Member

The last year I was in the WI Army National Guard we qualified on the M16 on the indoor range using 22LR

Ammo shelves are pretty empty when it comes to 9mm, 22LR, and 223, and I haven't seen much 22-250 either, really glad I got a pistol in 40 S&W

4. psycho

psycho Running a special on our rooms!

5. The Bruce

The Bruce W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Actually, USAF basic trainees haven't been "qualifying" for the last 12 months. They now have to demonstrate their ability to pick up a weapon (M16 or M4) and safely fire it, but they no longer receive a qualification score.

Now they only have to qualify when they're tasked for overseas deployment (or remote overseas assignment).

The main driver for this is that the overall qualification requirements have gone up substantially (for M16, M4, and M9) in the USAF, requiring far more bullets and, due to recent cuts over the last two years, the USAF can't "afford" to qualify basic trainees. <can not stand it>

6. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

That's a shame. I always hated firing blanks and those stupid propane gas firing machine gun simulators. Not to mention, throwing fake grenades. Just didn't feel right.

Then they came out with the MILES laser tag bullshit. My unit @ Fort Bliss was the very first unit to use the system and test it. I guess they still use a variant of it today, not sure.