• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amp Supply lk500 10 meter parts,

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
Afternoon,
I decided to get back in the hobby and have bought a restored k500. That does not have the 10-meter mod done. Could anyone help me with where to find the 2 Maic, 426 trimmer compression 55-250 And a toroid coil t50-6 I have the relay? 73,

Attachments

• IMG_20190119_134905826.jpg
    IMG_20190119_134905826.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 341

A "T50" toroid core has a half-inch outside diameter. The "-6" refers to the material type that it's molded from.

RF Parts has a T44-6, slightly smaller diameter and a T68-6, slightly larger on this page: https://www.rfparts.com/ferritecores.html?p=1

Only 426 they have are pullouts https://www.rfparts.com/426-p.html

To use a larger or smaller type 6 core may require one more or less turn than the T50 size would need to get the same inductance.

If you are going to use this amp solely for CB you would be better off selling that amp and getting one similar (pair of 3-500's) specifically built as a CB amp. It would be much more efficient. That is if it is done properly.

Does anyone know if a .01uf capacitor is correct for the 10 meter-mod? If so where would I buy it from? 73,

Yes, On the board. Question is do I really need it? I have all the other parts required to do the Mod.

Last edited:
So your saying I don't need the Mica cap to cover the 10 thru 11 meter bands? Just need the two 426 trimmer caps, one relay, and the toroid coil, With 6 maybe 7 turns of 20 gauge wire, For that part of the Mod? 73,

The two compression variable caps and the torroid is all you should need. The lower bands use mica padders for the trimmers because a lot of capacitance is needed but on 10 meters only a small amount is needed and the padders alone should be more than enough. A .01uf would be way too much even for 160 meters. .01uf is like 10,000pf.

I appreciate all the help, Just got to find another relay. The two that were sent with the amp the pins are too far apart to use there are top quality ITT German made relays.

I appreciate all the help, Just got to find another relay. The two that were sent with the amp the pins are too far apart to use there are top quality ITT German made relays.
Post the part numbers and manufacturer of the original relays and maybe some one here will find them or maybe have some relays in stock. Include a picture of one of them.

DIP relays are a headache. They come in a bunch of sizes and pin layouts.

Trouble is, you need one that has pins that line up with the foil pads on the circuit board.

I have never found a proper cross-reference to identify which brand/part number can sub for another.

The type number found on the four relays already installed may or may not still be made. But identifying a substitute that will drop into the hole layout of the circuit board starts with that number.

The relays in the LK-500 for switching inputs is a standard configuration of DPDT relays. Many different brands use that config. and should be no problem getting one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.