• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AMPOWER

years ago i had a 2-2290 one

mvc045fjg9.jpg

Shot at 2008-10-23

worked as it should and had a low input swr.

actually yes it did .300 peak watts at 13.8 on my house supply. keep in mind now this was years ago when AM POWER first kinda hit the market .but i was pleased with it .
the input swr was low too. which is always good .no fooling around with jumpers ,ya know.

havent had another since then so i cant speak on any recent ones .always wanted to try his high performance 5pill...lol.....

years ago i had a 2-2290 one

mvc045fjg9.jpg

Shot at 2008-10-23

worked as it should and had a low input swr.

Remind me funky, was that the model with Adams patented dilithium crystal forced cooling system? (now used on shuttle reentries) you know the one that allows the amp to run with zero temperature change in all climates.

Maybe it was the later versions he built, that he bought up motorola's whole stock of mrf 455's for.

Remind me funky, was that the model with Adams patented dilithium crystal forced cooling system? (now used on shuttle reentries) you know the one that allows the amp to run with zero temperature change in all climates.

Maybe it was the later versions he built, that he bought up motorola's whole stock of mrf 455's for.
thats the one .....i believe it had only 1 fan on one side blowing across the lower heatsink .
it was what it was .it worked good for me .
i have had worse amps by better builders ,that i can tell you .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.