• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

And The Winner Is??

Best new Export Radio

• Total voters
I think the Optima is the best in terms of overall ability for serious users (to be fair I haven't tested the latest version but if it's better than the previous version it's definitely a great radio), the Lincoln II offers more for the mixed user and it's finish feels the most refined out of the recent radios. It also had much better overall availability to the markets.

The Anytone AT-6666 isn't as good as the Optima or Lincoln II in finish or overall ability but I'm finding it one of the easiest radios to use and the layout is much more like a small 2 meter radio making it very user friendly in the mobile.

Maxlog M-8800 ver 8 was the biggest surprise, I find the radio is just a pleasure to operate and the receive quality is excellent. Always on frequency and great reports so far.

I can remember a year ago people complaining about not enough new radios and now we're getting a bunch. M8900 still to come and Magnum still has their releases in the works.

You had to bad mouth the AT-6666 just as I have one coming in the mail.:(

Hey Magnuman, how's the maxlog 8900 coming along? That's one I can't wait to see lol. Heard some good things about it from a very reputable and knowledgeable person. Can't wait til they come out. Thanks for any replies and god bless

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.