• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

And we think the trash talkers are bad

I've never heard another Ham on HF cursing, playing music, or challenging others to fistfights. (I don't know if the same holds true for UHF and VHF
Have you ever visited Southern California ?
Or perhaps the lower end of 80 meters?
There are plenty of idiots on the ham bands and have been for years.
A look at FCC enforcement actions shows much more activity for Ham operator's than CB ops.
There are idiot's in both services, it's not limited to CB.

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: NZ8N
This posting of false weather emergencies is an isolated incident. On any given day one can scan the amateur bands up and down for hours and not find a single operator acting improperly. The same simply cannot be said for the CB frequencies. I've never heard another Ham on HF cursing, playing music, or challenging others to fistfights. (I don't know if the same holds true for UHF and VHF as I don't operate there.)

I am not belittling CB radio. I am both a CB'er and a ham. I am just relating my personal experience.
LMAO !! You've obviously never listened to 14.313, 7250, 7255, 3840,3845, the Liberty Net and on and on and on ! There are frequencies daily during the day and night that are worse than anything heard on CB.I heard jamming, cussing and music playing last night on 3845 and that happens almost nightly now.

Reactions: NZ8N
i heard that cant have extra channel bs in a truck.
1 day for shits n giggles i asked a dot officer about that, his reply was YOU OWN IT ITS YOURS then started laughin n showed me his same as my galaxy 99v. said he shot skip lots .
that removing radios is bogus,however back in the early 70s i seen a cop yank a guys radio out cause he disclosed his position. that guy got hold of the cops superior n got a new radio at the officers cost and the officer got a full month suspension.
its not illegal to own an import multi band radio but illegal to operate out of fcc approval depending on the radio. im very sure we dont operate out of legal areas ? do we ? uhh i think .
Of course not, I stay within the guidelines! :censored:
20d8b71c-0f0d-41d8-bd96-f5122091eb5c_75242820724003.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NZ8N and Rwb
He was not charged with radio related offences.

"
Wagner is being charged with 11 first-degree misdemeanor counts of bomb threats and terroristic threats.
"
There was a guy in the late 1990's that got ripped off for a CB radio online.
He sent a pipe bomb to the guy that ripped him off.
Killed 1 and severely injured another person.
People are nuts.

Jeff

I remember this one.

The kid was around 18 or so i think, and was wheelchair bound.
He lived with his mom, and radio was his life.

however, he had a reputation for selling radios that either weren't in the condition stated, or if rumors are to be believed, were not even complete radios.

He sold one to the wrong person, who then sent a pipe bomb to the kid's house.
the kid opened up the box with his mom in the room, and one of them was killed, the other injured, i can't remember who was which.

i seem to remember another incident from this time period that had three people in a parking lot arguing about radio banter, and all three ended up shot.
LC

• Sad
Reactions: Rwb
Couple hams got in to it a few years ago about garbage on a local repeater and shots fired and 1 died, yeah, I know 11 meters is sooooooooooo bad ! In many, many instances hams are way worse !

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.