• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another $800 hotrod from Ranger

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Same face with maybe some new innards and bigger amplifier for as the title says.......
800 bucks bone stock out of the box!!!! Wow!

Last edited:

The 69ffb4 was pretty stable on ssb even with the 500watts of heat on the bottom. My Galaxy 95t is also very stable with 150 watts heat on the bottom.
I have ran an unstable 95t2 that was putting out close to 250 and it drifted like a sailboat and soon found a home with a lover of big watts. The cooling capacity on these units seems to line up with what the box says.
All my local ssb operators talk on newer computer controled ham rigs except for 1 that runs a drifty stryker 955 that he has to reset once a week to get the tx and rx to line up, so that is my reference for rag chewing stability.

Same face with maybe some new innards and bigger amplifier for as the title says.......
800 bucks bone stock out of the box!!!! Wow!

At least it has a 6 digit counter

You get the constant 6th digit flicker for free with this one!
my 69vhp has no flicker, more stable than one of my locals 955 version1. The 6900xxx series boards are as stable as any old school uniden when working properly.
The digital radios don't tell on themselves when they drift .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.