• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another Anytone clone from Radioddity Qt-60

Why would you think that? True amateur HF radios do not tune in steps but rather in smooth, usually 10Hz steps. The frequency display may only read out to 100Hz but the processor usually tunes in 10 Hz steps. 5 KHz steps is a CB/freeband thing. On the amateur bands a frequency of 28.573.8 is perfectly valid.
when using the software, and setting it to HF mode (10M) the channels are in 5K steps. that is why i was asking. thank you.

when using the software, and setting it to HF mode (10M) the channels are in 5K steps. that is why i was asking. thank you.
It's because this is NOT a ham radio no matter what the label says so this is why it tunes in 5k steps. This is directly aimed at the 11 meter market but it can be "used" on 10 meters if someone wanted to.

Josh from 'Ham Radio Crash Course' was sent a QT60.
he does some POTA (parks on the air) with it.
Code:
https://youtu.be/VBOdFR1pMn4?si=4_tSJOxk0Zt2mcuc&t=1029

i'd like to see him put it on his TinySA to check for spurious/harmonic emissions.

I watched a recent video from John 151 where hes demoing a qt60. I asked him how the noise floor / level in on the s meter and he said he gets 3-5 on all 3 of his antennas. I asked him to check it while away from the house. I watched another vid where he is checking out the qt40 and he commented the signal meter in it is whacked sitting mid meter at the lowest. Sure seems to be a common among many or most of these new released radios sharing likely the same boards. Think i will stick with my q6 and 5555n for now until things improve on rx.

Why would you think that? True amateur HF radios do not tune in steps but rather in smooth, usually 10Hz steps. The frequency display may only read out to 100Hz but the processor usually tunes in 10 Hz steps. 5 KHz steps is a CB/freeband thing. On the amateur bands a frequency of 28.573.8 is perfectly valid.
Well, you’re wrong my Yaesu FTDX 10 has a tuning knob and a outer tuning ring so I can move it faster across the waterfall with the center knob, in 5 kHz steps, and then fine tune it with the outer knob it even has a little late that lights up and says step its not a free band thing. Maybe you just need a better radio

You’re wrong. My ftdx10 tunes in 5 kHz step if I so wish it too it even has a nifty little light that lights up and says STEP I would explain why it would do this, but you seem a little narrowminded so I won’t waste my time

Well, you’re wrong my Yaesu FTDX 10 has a tuning knob and a outer tuning ring so I can move it faster across the waterfall with the center knob, in 5 kHz steps, and then fine tune it with the outer knob it even has a little late that lights up and says step its not a free band thing. Maybe you just need a better radio
Hmmmmmm.....a new member who apparently has a chip on his shoulder. That won't last long. Before insulting members, and an admin at that, perhaps you should learn a little bit more about what you speak. I have been an amateur radio operator for over 35 years and I have used MANY different radios. There is a HUGE difference in what you are talking about. You are talking about a simple feature that allows quicker frequency shifts and I am talking the NORMAL tuning rate.My radio will tune in 10Hz, 100 Hz, 1KHz, 10 KHz . 100KHz, and 1MHz steps however by default the NORMAL tuning rate is 10Hz......just like ALL the REAL ham radios. According to you then I could say that ham radios tune in 1MHz steps and are useless then. What about the analog VFO's on older but perfectly relevant radios. NO TUNING STEPS at all. No real amateur I know of tunes the bands in 5 KHz steps. Just because something CAN does not mean that is the normal mode of operation. If you haven't learned the difference yet then you probably never will.

You’re wrong. My ftdx10 tunes in 5 kHz step if I so wish it too it even has a nifty little light that lights up and says STEP I would explain why it would do this, but you seem a little narrowminded so I won’t waste my time

TICK-TOCK-TICK-TOCK-TICK-TOCK.................way to start off buddy. You won't last long with that attitude.

Reactions: undertaker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.