• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another fleabay burn

lonestarbandit

Supporting Member - WDX 429
Dec 30, 2006
So I just received this from a eBay seller minutes ago.
His listing did not mention it was broken and unusable.
Meter slams to the right and stays there.
Now will come the battle of him refusing returns.
I bought this with the intent of having twins one for each antenna after the switch as a I have one of this model of meter already owned since new.
Bought this and its garbage. See pics DK and swing.

Attachments

• 0930211311a.jpg
    0930211311a.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
  • 0930211311.jpg
    0930211311.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 70
Reactions: Rwb

Exactly what kind of radio is it?
Oh sorry, I see it was a meter you purchased it should be an easy fix. They don't have much going on inside.

Fleabay's policies are weighted in favor of the buyer. It's always best to gripe first to the seller. If you don't hear back in a few days or a week, that fact is in Ebay's records. If they blow you off, file a gripe. Takes a little while, but odds are you'll end up with a refund.

And if the seller does respond and act honorably, making contact is the only way to find out.

Reactions: Tokin and Rwb
I once sold a flashlight on Ebay, and Ebay granted a return because it smelled sweet. It sat on my wife's nightstand. If it isn't listed as "for parts or not working" ebay will return it for any silly reason, no matter what the listing details say.

So I just received this from a eBay seller minutes ago.
His listing did not mention it was broken and unusable.
Meter slams to the right and stays there.
Now will come the battle of him refusing returns.
I bought this with the intent of having twins one for each antenna after the switch as a I have one of this model of meter already owned since new.
Bought this and its garbage. See pics DK and swing.

Good possibility that the Rat Shack meter isn't designed for 11Mhz.

I once sold a flashlight on Ebay, and Ebay granted a return because it smelled sweet. It sat on my wife's nightstand. If it isn't listed as "for parts or not working" ebay will return it for any silly reason, no matter what the listing details say.

How dare you have a sweet wife.

Happily the seller is a stand up guy.
He is refunding me and said to keep the meter. Maybe I can fix it with some time and parts I dont know. But for once I got an honest seller.

Then to punish me for this good fortune fate sent a small tornado or a light plane last night about 11:30p and threw my just squared away NEW VQ3 beam into the backyard and smashed it to bits and bent my pushup pole past 90 deg at the bracket to my home. God bless Mr. Murphy. If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/maco-vq3.242095/page-10#post-774244

Last edited:
Happily the seller is a stand up guy.
He is refunding me and said to keep the meter. Maybe I can fix it with some time and parts I dont know. But for once I got an honest seller.

Then to punish me for this good fortune fate sent a small tornado or a light plane last night about 11:30p and threw my just squared away NEW VQ3 beam into the backyard and smashed it to bits and bent my pushup pole past 90 deg at the bracket to my home. God bless Mr. Murphy. If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/maco-vq3.242095/page-10#post-774244

You must have one of those meters that can read the future and it was warning you of what was to come.

I want to "unlike" but.....

Also can I just say I opened this meter and I cant see what's wrong but I sure can smell it.
Someone pumped a lot more wattage than I have in the cottage through this puppy and something smoked.
Visually I cant see it but wow it stinks like burnt 10Ohms. Someone let the factory smoke out.

Last edited:
The only meters/meter parts i buy on eBay are Birds and they are from one of 2 sellers only. Every other meter ive purchased from eBay have been junk. Ive pretty much stopped doing all business on ebay. Ill sell my shit local or not at all.

Fairness to this seller looks like he just sells swap meet and estate sales bric a brac.
I saw no other radio items. I doubt he knew anything about the meter. Just saw what comps went for and posted it.
Some sellers intentionally sell broken gear and I've had those too.
Namely a linear. And after a month of fighting eBay found in my favor. I try to stay off of there but some items you can't find.
I'm not quite rolling in @NightThumper league so I dont have two of HIS meters
I need a twin to the meter I have as a after switch swr meter for my two runs of coax.

Reactions: Rwb and Tokin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.