• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another Hat THROW IN THE RING FOR PRESIDENT

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
John McAfee is running for President, on a boat, while on the run from US authorities
He plans to release daily update videos from his boat
By William Gayde on January 25, 2019, 5:25 AM 26 comments
2019-01-25-image.jpg

Facepalm: John McAfee, the eccentric antivirus creator, has announced that he will run his official 2020 presidential campaign from a boat. He is currently on the run from US authorities over years of tax evasion.

The 73-year-old McAfee said he has thousands of volunteers working for his campaign already. He calls them "road warriors who, once a month are going to appear in parks, street corners, restaurants all around America while I speak through loudspeakers." McAfee's campaign manager, Rob Loggia, described the strategy as similar to strapping an iPad on someone's head like a telepresence robot.

How we will run my campaign in exile: pic.twitter.com/evqxZQRTxH

— John McAfee (@officialmcafee) January 23, 2019
McAfee has previously stated that he has not paid taxes in 8 years and that the IRS has convened a grand jury to charge him with unspecified crimes. He has also had a host of other legal troubles including unlicensed drug manufacturing and weapons possession. Most notably, he is a person of interest in the murder of Gregory Faull.

In terms of his policies and platform, some areas are clear and others aren't. The main theme of his campaign is freedom from government where he envisions a world in which citizens are free from its control.

The McAfee 2020 Campaign is, as of this day, in exile. I am being charged with using Crypto Cuttencies in criminal acts against the U. S. Government. More videos coming shortly. Stay tuned. pic.twitter.com/C75zcbnKTD

— John McAfee (@officialmcafee) January 22, 2019
McAfee has long advocated for the rise of cryptocurrencies over our modern banking system. He believes that because of this, governments will not be able to collect income tax in the future.

He stated to Fox News that he has "no idea" about immigration, foreign relations, or education. Instead, he is focusing solely on freedom of the people. McAfee views our current two-party system as an illusion fluctuating between the extremes on both ends.

He has regularly taunted the US authorities while on the run so it will be very interesting to see where this whole story goes in the future.

He can’t make a decent antivirus program so I don’t think we have to worry about him being anywhere close to a president. Now if Kaspersky was running, yeah maybe so but that’s not even a real person.

Personally I run on Mac and Linux, so I don’t need his crappy product or the far superior Kaspersky.

He can’t make a decent antivirus program so I don’t think we have to worry about him being anywhere close to a president. Now if Kaspersky was running, yeah maybe so but that’s not even a real person.

Personally I run on Mac and Linux, so I don’t need his crappy product or the far superior Kaspersky.

REALLY? Kaspersky Lab is a multinational cybersecurity and anti-virus provider headquartered in Moscow, Russia and operated by a holding company in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1997 by Eugene Kaspersky, Natalya Kaspersky, and Alexey De-Monderik; Eugene Kaspersky is currently the CEO

Hey look!! And he is even Russian......a sure winner in the next election! LOL

Hey, it’s a great antivirus program if you run Windows. I meant more of the program than the creator/company. I still think they’d be a better choice than John McAfee.

I don't like McAfee. I ran it a short time home but had to run it at work many years ago. I didn't like it letting a virus into your computer via email and only blocking it when you tried to launch it. At least Norton scrubbed it before transferring it to your PC. I ave also run Panda and AVG. Still sticking with Norton. Never have any issues with it. It used to slow things down but not now.

Well I use Macs but on my one Dell laptop I run Linux. When I ran Windows, I had the best luck with Kaspersky. I ran Eset Nod32 for awhile but just wasn’t happy with it. AVG wasn’t too bad. I was never a fan of Norton or McAfee but I’ve heard Norton has got better now.

If you’re adventurous you could run a live distro of Linux like Puppy. It loads directly to RAM and doesn’t install on your HD. It’s good for several things, torrenting to be just one example. Newsgroups is another.

Reactions: NZ8N
Well I use Macs but on my one Dell laptop I run Linux. When I ran Windows, I had the best luck with Kaspersky. I ran Eset Nod32 for awhile but just wasn’t happy with it. AVG wasn’t too bad. I was never a fan of Norton or McAfee but I’ve heard Norton has got better now.

If you’re adventurous you could run a live distro of Linux like Puppy. It loads directly to RAM and doesn’t install on your HD. It’s good for several things, torrenting to be just one example. Newsgroups is another.
I must be old, you lost me on the third sentence.

Reactions: codeman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.