• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another Linear + Space Heater on Ebay

KG0MN

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Mar 5, 2010
This bad boy should keep you warm on these cold winter nights since it uses 10 GE Electronic FL 188-5. The ad states that is basically the same configuration as the Golden Falcon. I have never used or for that matter ever seen a Golden Falcon, in my CB day I used only D&A amplifiers and back in the late 60 and 70's they were the cream of the crop.

I had one back in the early 80's.

Was called an Anderson, three stage. You could key it and watch the watt meter climb upwards.

Good old amp but sure liked to eat tubes.

The one I had had 6lf6 tubes.

If the pics loaded here is another blast from the 80's this one is still going strong today.

Attachments

• six tube ceramic amp 004.jpg
    six tube ceramic amp 004.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 139
  • six tube ceramic amp 003.jpg
    six tube ceramic amp 003.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: 4 people
Big squirrel-cage fan on the back pushing air under the deck.

Jeff

;)

No part numbers on the tubes, Twice the size of 4-cx250.

Rebuilt the bias PS around 20 years ago. Same owner still has it. He got in contact with me as the old original caps had dried up. Recapped it and it is still going strong.

No name on the amp some have said it is an Anderson also, being manufactured in Anderson S.C... I dunno.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.