• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another PC122XL TX Problem

Walking out the door now bet will check what you mentioned if I get in early enough. I will take the front apart again and look that over also
Just seems funny the PA works with steady talking.
Thanks

Andy, I got thinking about this. I checked a lot of transitors. Some were not installed like the silkscreen. I am wondering if I have one installed like the silkscreen but should actually be in the other way? I hope you understand this I'm doing it on my phone.

That I do, both phone and orientation...

Can you give me the Transistor numbers of your TR 31, TR32 and TR33 stuff?

I can look up some pinouts and see if they are what you and I fear...

So used to putting everything in the way they were showing on the board I may have put one in the right way by accident. Wow doing something right by accident LOL

Wow...Usually it's me with that kind of luck...

You have a 50/50 chance of installing it right if the part number don't match - usually.

The Usually part, in my case, is a lot like a bad penny - never flips right and every time you try to get rid of it, another one takes it's place!

Andy. I checked out placement of all transistors last night and all are correct. I then pulled another radio apart and everything was in the same direction.

Andy back on this. I checked voltages on the AN612 while keying the mic. All showes good eccept pin 1. Should be 0V but shows2.8v unkeyed. And 2.75V keyed up. All caps. new and installed correctly.

Did you try sitting on the radio while reading/studying the schematics to see if it will handle the weight of all that heavy thought? LOL Sorry, not much help am I.

do you have another an612 you can try. I had a radio afew years ago that all voltages were right but the radio would not work and the an612 was bad. not letting the freq mix at it..
Andy is the best on these but just a thought until he chimes in.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?