• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another unannounced one from ranger

I think you're confused on the radio, this isn't the x9. This is a different animal here.

Ahh I am mixed up - this one is is the 979 with a different face and the X9 is the 120w radio that's $400. My bad. I thought this was the other thread :)

I will say I'm having trouble getting excited about what Ranger is doing right now. If the X9 had been a $299 to $325 radio I might have taken a look at it and this one is just a clone radio. I'm just wondering if Anytone or anyone else has something more interesting in the works for some new SSB radios.

I mean the Stryker 955 is 8 years old now and so is the Uniden 980, Lincoln 7 years, Anytone 6666 is 6 years old.

We went through a couple of good years with new radios coming left and right and then we hit a drought.

Mine just came in. I can confirm the board is like the 979. SSB was a few watts too low (~8-9w) and about 1/8th of vr17 turn fixed it(~12w). AM was about 3.5 dead key and I left that where it was. Even though made in Vietnam, it seems to be ok. RB will be done next.

Maybe use the channel 19 switch? So you don't have to punch holes in it.

Isnt there a way to make the ch 9 switch (19 in this case ) go to any chanel you want. That would be a cool mod. Make it a ch 38 switch, or ch 28 etc. Now thats a worthwhile mod. Mine gets here on Thursday
for me. the problem is once that switch is set, no other channel is selectable.

On the new President Walker Ii they did that in the software and you can pick whatever channels you want for the 9/19 switch. Wish that radio had SSB because the layout/features are nice.

Reactions: Slowmover
for me. the problem is once that switch is set, no other channel is selectable.
See, its all these little things manufacturers sould be listening too. But noooo, lets put changing color lights,and functions that serve no purpose other than to annoy a person. I just dont understand

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated