• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna analyzer?

I will NEVER buy anything from eham, I only buy from the manufacturer
Well I hope not, Eham doesn't sell stuff.

As far as MFJ stuff goes, dealers Like DX engineering and HRO for example, tend to keep in stock MFJ products better than MFJ does and many times dealers sell them cheaper than buying from MFJ direct.

You should chime in on the MFJ -226 analyzer since this is their new version which has features like the Rig expert which goes with what I have been saying that MFJ came out with these to try to compete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
You just confirmed what I said about the MFJ being touchy. It's actually ridiculous to use a test instrument that is.The Rig expert frequency is directly entered and can be change by moving the cursor on certain screens or by the up/down arrows and always stays locked on frequency.

The point I made about the Rig expert is that you actually get a visual graph of the whole band and what your antenna can do without having to turn a quirky tuning knob.

Also the Rig expert also goes a step further and has a USB computer connection and software to print complex information like Smith's charts and other information.

When you compare the visual graphs with scanning and all the other features against the MFJ 259 there is no comparison.

Look at the user selectable different screens which are lighted for easier viewing and look at the information you get with the Rig expert.

Below you see some scanned screens showing just SWR by itself,SWR bandwidth, Full analyzed info on your antenna, Quick multiple SWR readings for multi-band antennas, R and X scanning, and the easy to use menu screen where you preset the analyzer for what you are working with.

swrsingle.gif
swrg-01.gif
all-01.gif
multi54-01.gif
rxg-01.gif
main30-1.gif
right you are. new tech is grand, i will still use my old 259C, and learn to use my new MFJ 226

I also have the AA-30 and am happy with it. I will say I still use in line meters on my equipment but for set-up adjusting and testing it can't be beat. It is a must for the ham shack.

Well I hope not, Eham doesn't sell stuff.

As far as MFJ stuff goes, dealers Like DX engineering and HRO for example, tend to keep in stock MFJ products better than MFJ does and many times dealers sell them cheaper than buying from MFJ direct.

You should chime in on the MFJ -226 analyzer since this is their new version which has features like the Rig expert which goes with what I have been saying that MFJ came out with these to try to compete.
miss typed...I buy things from mfj, as i have family there and get good deals......"eham" i ,find a lot of bad, or questionable reviews there, and just will not buy something i "hear" of there.I have not used a AA-30, so all i can say is the more i play with my mfj 226 the more i like it. i do miss my 259-c tuning knob and it's touchiness, i'm so used to it....<,>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.