• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna choices and opinions.

You don't even need the radio either, I have seen a video where you choke out a dissenting voice in the room without touching him.
5484-1542241240-706073ec604964e99136271ba27a9bfe.gif

Hmmmmmmm....(n) it seems I have seen this pic somewhere before. :D

KEWL!

Looks something like kopcicle is already working on...

And the wire from this box, is pretty (gosh darn) long - about 117ft.

nunun.jpg

An off the corner - view...
nununview2.jpg

Hope this gives you some idea...

Here's a site to help you understand if not give you some insight as to using it or how it's made and works...

http://m0ukd.com/homebrew/baluns-and-ununs/91-magnetic-longwire-balun-unun/#comment-area

The above is simple balun wound as a unun...
OR else just keep the A99 configuration - sorry to see "old faithful" giving up on you. But in reality A99 or not - most antennas have a Finite life-span and the environment and conditions it's operated in - has an impact that can shorten this life-span to even fewer years of service life.

I think the antenna was my noise problem. Now the match was 2.5 this morning when 20 out. Then the sun came up and it got warmer match went down to about 1.1 wind picked up and it got colder 2.5 on ch 40 and 2.9 on ch1. I think it is a goner.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
First A99 I had, a buddy donated it to me. It was as old as I was I believe but it was fine. It suffered a horrible and painful death during an ice storm, poor A99.

* side note here - cutting down a 102” whip makes a great replacement for the end section*

I bought a new one when my son was about 10 maybe, he’s 21 now. It still looks good and still functions perfectly. But I want more, bigger, better... I want a six million dollar man antenna setup now.

I personally won’t be happy until I have about a 100ft tower and a small farm of antennas on top of it. Maybe then I could actually use my Yaesu 897.

Reactions: wavrider
My main problem is the way my property is a end fed can only point North. It will be a sloper. Living a few miles from lake ontario That may only get me Canada. And no place to drop coax for a center fed antenna.

Reactions: Newbie solar guy
If it were for 10, 11 and 12 meters I would go with something like the penetrator. Since You're going all the way to 20 meters I would get another a99 or imax. A tuner will allow you to use the penetrator on on the same bands but since it is narrow banded the swr at the feedpoint will be much higher. The higher the swr is on the coax is the more loss it will have. I would use rg213 or better coax to keep the loss as low as possible. If at all possible consider moving the tuner closer to the antenna. Keeping the coax between the tuner and antenna as short as possible helps.
I never hear anybody talk about the star duster aren't they good antenna's for 11 meter?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.