• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna for the car

rap17

Sep 21, 2013
Hello,

one man from my village would possibly the antenna of the image to sell.
Since I have no experience with this antenna, my question:
Does this antenna well? Which antenna I can compare this antenna?
Antenna is about 10 years old. The antenna is to be used only in the stationary car.
My fear is that the plastic becomes brittle and the antenna thereby breaks.
Sorry for my bad English.
Greatings from Gemany.

Manfred

Attachments

• M271-popular-27mhz-coil-spring-CB-Antenna.jpg
    M271-popular-27mhz-coil-spring-CB-Antenna.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 21

I would stay away from the dual coil antenna and get a good single coil antenna like the predator 10k or even a Sirio trucker 5000 or Sirio performer or turbo 5000. The trucker antenna has an 8" bottom shaft , the other 2 do not. All 3 Sirio antennas are base loaded type antennas with a built in matching coil. You can look at all their antennas at sirioantenna.com
They sell both in the US and overseas. I hope this helps and that you find what you are looking for. The predator 10k antennas look like this.
For the Sirio antennas, check thier website out. Again m, hope some of this helps and have a good day sir.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.png
    image.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.png
    image.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 3
the antenna is mounted on a truck and the truck has been standing for 10 years, and is not being driven, he has used the Atenne just as the radio antenna. Dehalb I offered him 15 euros for the antenna.
Because with us on CB no longer so much going on as in the 80s, and I have a few other antennas, I would not buy new. I had thought before it comes to the scrap, I suppose the antenna.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Sorry must have misread the post.
That antenna you posted is an okay antenna and yes it will work. I wouldn't give more than $15-$20 for it if it looks to be in good condition. The overall length of the antenna is what matters. It's a bit over 5 foot tall. Should work okay. Just make sure that it's not rusty and that the plating isn't chipping off. Hope I got it right this time LOL. Have a good day.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
no problem, anyway thanks for the info.
The one and only antennas I would still buy me that Astro Plane & AstroBeam would. Unfortunately my Astro Plane was stolen in the 80s. Too bad.

Reactions: Needle Bender
no problem, anyway thanks for the info.
The one and only antennas I would still buy me that Astro Plane & AstroBeam would. Unfortunately my Astro Plane was stolen in the 80s. Too bad.
The dual coil is designed to make a decent performing SHORT antenna, and splitting up the coil into two helps prevent the coil from being self resonant and keeps the coil resonance as high as possible.

Too bad you live such a long 'drive' away, I have an original Astro Plane in storage which I can't seem to GIVE away, locally.

Not a bad antenna but nowhere near the performer a good 5/8 - .64 is. Not to mention how it seems to love getting into the neighbors electronics where the Penetrator doesn't.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.