• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna for Walkie Talkie

Mr Clean

May 21, 2005
I got me a Cobra HH 38 WX ST handheld 40 channel CB with weather channels. It works real well hooked to my groundplane but the rubberduck antenna sucks. They have a longer one but it is only 27 inchs long. I would like a longer one. Anyone know were I could buy one or how I would go about making one? It is doing 4 watts swinging about 8 or 9 watts and hooked to the groundplane I talked to a guy I know about 20 miles away and it was giving him a signal of about 3 s units which I did not think was to bad. It has a bnc conector. Thanks in advance.

The big problem is the stress placed on the antenna connector and the radio case itself when using a long antenna.There is a lot of leverage on that little connector.Using it base or mobile,use a regular base or mobile antenna.Using it portable,use a short antenna unless you want to repair it often.

Uh... How would you feel about a 'hard hat' mounted mobile antenna?
- 'Doc

I really sort of doubt that, but guess it just depends on how desperate you are?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.