• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna question

KJ4VRQ

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 9, 2013
I have my Antron up for 10 and 11 meters. The antenna is sitting in the base of a direct tv satellite pole. I want to put my 2 meter antenna up and it would be convenient of I could somehow run the 2 meter on the same base as the Antron is on. Any suggestions? This is what I am working with...

qyvepa9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to get that window line a few inches off the roof. I'd try to keep the 2M separated by maybe half a wavelength at the lowest frequency you're likely to be using, so 15-16 feet.

This is where the word "experiment" generally comes in.

You might want to get that window line a few inches off the roof. I'd try to keep the 2M separated by maybe half a wavelength at the lowest frequency you're likely to be using, so 15-16 feet.

This is where the word "experiment" generally comes in.

Since the 10/11m antenna will affect the 2m antenna more than the other way around wouldn't you space them at least 1/2 wavelength away at the higher frequency? So about 40 inches minimum. IIRC that is the usual way to do it. Been looking a LOT at stacking various antennas for the same and different bands lately in prep of the big [slash]erection[/slash] installation this spring/summer and that's what I have found out. then again there is that word "experiment" built into the mix.

I DO hope your "installation" lasts longer than four hours!

I think you're right on the frequency issue - but experimentalizationing is the key. And yes, you can use the word. I chose not to copyright it. :tongue:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.