• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna restriction

Antennas by Mosley Electronics, Inc.

http://www.new-tronics.com/main/manual/4btv.pdf

I have run both of these years ago...except the Hustler version I left the 40m Trap off and made it a 20/15/10m Vertical (they use to sell it that way) Had it mounted on 24ft of cheap tower and used 4 wire FLAT rotor cable for radials(3 pieces) also used the tower...worked pretty damn well during the 70's sunspot cycle...basicaly 1/4 wave GP on each band...

OH Rat...not to bust you bubble on Cushcraft...
But guess who owns them!... along with Wilson / Hygain and Telex....
mfj! :whistle:OMG!
All the Best
BJ

No bubble to burst. I already knew that they took Hy-Gain...are you sure about Cushcraft? There is a difference in the quality of the antennas or at least there was.

"Plus, hasn't the FCC ruled that since amateur radio is a public service, HOAs can't restrict antennas?"
No, not entirely. HOA's can restrict/limit antennas but they can't prohibit amateur antennas entirely. They have to make provisions for at least 'minimum' use. It won't be an "anything goes" type use though. You may have to take that HOA to court, that ought'a be fun, huh?

What to use for an antenna on that tower? How about just loading the tower? You'd need some kind of 'ground system', but nothing says it has to be in straight lines. Best thing since sliced bread? I really doubt it, but it's certainly better than nothing at all.
- 'Doc

40 foot tower next to the house?

Hazer with a tri band trapped beam, raise it up when you want to work on the air and then lower it back down to your roof top when you are not on the air.

That should cover 10 through 20, or even the WARC if you have an add on kit.

Lower bands a multi band dipole, at 40 feet will be NVIS but you will still make contacts.

Or as Doc said, load up the tower, hide the radials under the grass, no one will see them. Ground mounted verticals work well for DX on the lower bands.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.