• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

any airgun fans here ?

cannon.jpeg

200fps 8oz (shot filled) tennis ball :)

That looks like a really cool air gun, here is Canada, they are trying to ban all air guns (Bill C-21) under 500fps, bb,pellet airsoft and paint ball guns. That's a real shame for Canadians.
I just read some of that, and it sounds like a terrible bill all around. Looks like they want to ban anything that doesn't currently need to be registered.
I noticed that it has a red flag provision, too.

I just read some of that, and it sounds like a terrible bill all around. Looks like they want to ban anything that doesn't currently need to be registered.
I noticed that it has a red flag provision, too.

Not exactly. The idiots want to ban anything that LOOKS like an assault rifle as well as anything that is really a toy such as air-soft or pellet/BB but looks like a REAL gun. They also want to allow municipalities the right to ban handguns in their jurisdiction, something that has ALWAYS been under federal jurisdiction and was common nationwide. It is a total clusterfuck. The prime minister is looking for votes from urban centres and is pulling the wool over their eyes and they are too stupid to see thru it. The public safety minister is former Toronto mayor Bill Blair and he admits that he doesn't even have any firearms license so how in hell can he possibly comprehend what LEGAL owners must do and put up with in order to obtain the various classes of firearms? Yup........total clusterfuck. All this is going on while they REFUSED to back a bill that would have seen tougher crack downs on gangs and organized crimes as well as the smuggling of guns from the USA. One such problem area is the Mohawk reserves in Ontario/Quebec that are on the border. Contraband is too easy to simply bring into the reserve on one side and out the other but as usual our dipshit PM does not want to upset the natives. I'll stop now before the profanity starts.

But isn't "muzzle velocity exceeding 152.‍4 m per second or at a muzzle energy exceeding 5.‍7 Joules" the current breaking point between designation as a firearm and an unregulated airgun?

Reactions: 357magnum
But isn't "muzzle velocity exceeding 152.‍4 m per second or at a muzzle energy exceeding 5.‍7 Joules" the current breaking point between designation as a firearm and an unregulated airgun?

Here in Canada anything over 500fps is classified as a firearm. You will lots of pellet guns rated at 495fps. LOL. I forget the exact muzzle energy but 5.7 joules about right.

Here in Canada anything over 500fps is classified as a firearm. You will lots of pellet guns rated at 495fps. LOL. I forget the exact muzzle energy but 5.7 joules about right.
That's my point. C-21 specifically seeks to ban airguns, airsoft etc. rated under 500 fps or 5.7 joules. That seems strange until you consider that those are the only ones that are uncontrolled.

That's my point. C-21 specifically seeks to ban airguns, airsoft etc. rated under 500 fps or 5.7 joules. That seems strange until you consider that those are the only ones that are uncontrolled.

But if they were made to look like something other than a gun the would be legal. The kicker is the word "imitation". Now they are kicking back saying they will not ban airsoft and pellet guns. They screwed up with 10 and 12 gauge shot guns with removable chokes and had to back-peddle after finding out that the exact wording they used regarding muzzle size automatically made them all prohibited. That has since been straightened out however they left a few previously unrestricted guns on the prohibited list simply because of looks. They are black and scary looking with tactical features but no different than any other semiautomatic shotgun. It's a case of dumb cunts pulling the wool over more dumb cunts in an effort to gain public support. They keep saying 80% of Canadians support it but they don't tell you that poll was taken by asking 318 people at an anti gun ralley. Take one at a pro gun ralley and see if you get 80% in favour.

But if they were made to look like something other than a gun the would be legal. The kicker is the word "imitation". Now they are kicking back saying they will not ban airsoft and pellet guns. They screwed up with 10 and 12 gauge shot guns with removable chokes and had to back-peddle after finding out that the exact wording they used regarding muzzle size automatically made them all prohibited. That has since been straightened out however they left a few previously unrestricted guns on the prohibited list simply because of looks. They are black and scary looking with tactical features but no different than any other semiautomatic shotgun. It's a case of dumb cunts pulling the wool over more dumb cunts in an effort to gain public support. They keep saying 80% of Canadians support it but they don't tell you that poll was taken by asking 318 people at an anti gun ralley. Take one at a pro gun ralley and see if you get 80% in favour.
Yeah, that's pretty much how they do "polls" here too.
Sounds like an airgun that is under 500fps/5.7j that looks like an antique gun would be ok.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated