1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

any airgun fans here ?

Discussion in 'Prepper Forum' started by br549, Nov 2, 2017.

1. br549

br549 New Member

i have a RWS Diana 34 and a very highly modified crosman 13xx pumper . great plinkers/shooters and they have both put meat on tables for decades . cheap/quiet ammo also . any other fans here ?

357magnum likes this.

2. 357magnum

357magnum Well-Known Member

I have a had a Barnett Spitfire for years it's a side cock with a muzzle brake , it's only .177 cal but a powerful gun I made a mistake and dry fired once it sounds like a 22 cal .Small game is no problem @ all the wood stock is well made but the gun is heavy because of it , you don't see many any longer .

3. scout943

scout943 Active Member

FEINWERKBAU 124 SPORTER IN .177 .

357magnum and Tallman like this.
  4. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

Now that is a worthy air rifle. I had a Daisey VL rifle in .22 cal. The most inaccurate rifle Daisey ever made. It had a small amount of Nitro Cellulose molded the back of a solid slug. If they put you in a barn and closed the doors you might hit one of the sides.

5. Klondike Mike

Klondike Mike Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do here. .22 @ under 500fps for vermin/pest control in a city setting. Does a good job on magpie's. Anything over 500 fps in Canada and we have to get a license. Probably a good thing for any city slicker. A 1200 fps airgun could do some damage.

#5 Klondike Mike, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  6. kopcicle

kopcicle Well-Known Member

Does a tennis ball cannon count ? :)
    250FPS weighted to 4oz will do some damage.
    http://www.antennalaunchers.com/csv19/csv19asm.html
    other than that a Wackerhagen* Model A circa '53,
    BSA R10SE that I wouldn't own except for it being willed to me.
    Colt 1911 A1 CO2
    Still have my childhood Daisy

*(Sheridan, named after Civil War's General Philip Sheridan, for which his son Philip was named after).

#6 kopcicle, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  7. DXman

DXman Well-Known Member

Here is mine, got it 2 yrs ago, it can shoot a 25 cal. pellet as fast as 900 fps. Very accurate at 60 yards.

Also the air tank that I use to fill it. I get the tank filled from a local fire department. It's close to the same size that the firemen wear.

Benjamin 25 cal..JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

Carbon Fiber - 88 cu ft..JPG

Klondike Mike likes this.
  8. Tallman

How is the grouping? Is it fairly tight? Say like the size of a quarter?

9. DXman

DXman Well-Known Member

At 50 yards I have been able to get 3 shots into the size of a 50 cent piece. There are other brands out there that can do that good @ 100 yrds, but they are very costly.

There are air rifles now up to 50 cal and guys are using them to hunt deer, elk and bison with them.

Tallman likes this.
  10. Tallman

Are they strictly air powered or do they have additional assist? If not there must be a huge spring in the piston power cylinder.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...F023EA7EBDBBB9F6F722F023EA7EBDBBB&FORM=VDRVRV

#10 Tallman, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  11. kopcicle

kopcicle Well-Known Member

PCP are pre charged as in having their own, or outboard, 3,000 psi high side tank and a regulator much like a regulator for high pressure breathing apparatus or welding gases. These machines are amazing. I am an avid , competent and experienced rifleman. These are high powered precision instruments. In some cases they are more accurate than I am which would have been saying a lot just ten years ago but today it's just enough. My BSA will all but stack pellets at 25 yds , cover the group with a quarter at 50 yds and the occasional 50 cent piece sized group at 100 yds.

Damn sure ain't my daisy from '60's

LeapFrog likes this.
  12. Beetle

Beetle Sr. Member

They seem to have been around a lot longer than I thought:

br549, Tallman, DXman and 1 other person like this.
  13. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Well-Known Member

These look interesting

Tallman likes this.
  14. br549

br549 New Member

been looking at a wood marauder gen 2 .25 for my first PCP . very effective on hogs and those green mountain barrels are supposed to be pretty nice . they're also extremely MOD friendly with tons of after market parts . i love to tinker :)

rabbiporkchop likes this.
  15. DXman

DXman Well-Known Member

Here is what my Marauder has for the "baffles", some earlier version had less.
    The Green Mountain barrels are pretty accurate, they are "choked" at about the last 1 inch or so of the barrel.

right way to assemble baffles for air gun..jpg