• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any more on Mike of Mike's Radio Repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just "weighing in" one more time..... on the very last video he was showing off a new toy that he got..... a new transceiver service tester. He was talking about everything that it would do, everything that it would "automate"... he made it sound like a God-send. He also commented that THIS was going to open new doors for him in the services he could offer... including types of radios he could work on.

I find myself wondering if he just got tired of the YouTube "rat race" and moved on into another phase of business? As good as I believe he was.... he may still be doing service but either for different parts of the business or "under contract" to someone as a warranty service tech.

I haven't had any bad experiences such as some of you have had... but I learned an awful lot watching his vids. I do miss that.
If this be the case I would wish him well. My beef is that the could have had the courtesy to put out a notice, or at least reply to those trying to contact him, that has moved away from transceiver repair. Would have taken him 20 minutes to make a you tube video explaining his intentions.

If this be the case I would wish him well. My beef is that the could have had the courtesy to put out a notice, or at least reply to those trying to contact him, that has moved away from transceiver repair. Would have taken him 20 minutes to make a you tube video explaining his intentions.
And THAT has been the mystery to me!!!
His last video started out looking like... he was saying "goodbye forever".....
Then he faded back in... to say he is not going anywhere... and to demo his new R&S CMA-180 tester.

Then??? He went away forever!

And THAT has been the mystery to me!!!
His last video started out looking like... he was saying "goodbye forever".....
Then he faded back in... to say he is not going anywhere... and to demo his new R&S CMA-180 tester.

Then??? He went away forever!
Alright, I found this posted on a bulletin board. It was dated 5 months ago. Let it be known that I am NOT proclaiming this to be fact, and I am ONLY reporting this as I have found it!!

"Mike passed away from complications from COVID-19 in August 2021. His family had a private service and updated his Facebook page, but they didn't have his YouTube account information to post a message on here, unfortunately." I'm trying to confirm this. Michael A Bialecki, Fairfield, PA.

• Sad
Reactions: Rwb
Alright, I found this posted on a bulletin board. It was dated 5 months ago. Let it be known that I am NOT proclaiming this to be fact, and I am ONLY reporting this as I have found it!!

"Mike passed away from complications from COVID-19 in August 2021. His family had a private service and updated his Facebook page, but they didn't have his YouTube account information to post a message on here, unfortunately." I'm trying to confirm this. Michael A Bialecki, Fairfield, PA.
I am going to go out on a limb and say I doubt it.

I just looked on QRZ.com and his log shows him making FT8 contacts on 2m on the 19th of this month.... as in.... 2 days ago.

I know for sure he was alive in febuary when we traded schematics. I recall reading somewhere that one guy, one time, had to wait few couple weeks for his radio, and for a valid reason, and that in the end everything had worked out. I have heard nothing else negative about him. And after seeing that fancy test set, is it any wonder?? We all know what he is doing. He is probably swamped with contracts for P25 gear or the like and has no time for a little AM cobra. I thought he made it obvious. You don't drop your life savings on test gear to fuck around and play with the same old shit.

I know for sure he was alive in febuary when we traded schematics. I recall reading somewhere that one guy, one time, had to wait few couple weeks for his radio, and for a valid reason, and that in the end everything had worked out. I have heard nothing else negative about him. And after seeing that fancy test set, is it any wonder?? We all know what he is doing. He is probably swamped with contracts for P25 gear or the like and has no time for a little AM cobra. I thought he made it obvious. You don't drop your life savings on test gear to fuck around and play with the same old shit.

I can understand this and would agree wholeheartedly with you. All I expected was courtesy.

IMG_20230923_103937.gif

No, Mike was no scammer. He is a top-notch tech who works for extremely reasonable prices. He worked on 3 or 4 of my Yaesus and everything was perfectly done, very quickly, and surprisingly affordable.

Well then why hasn't he sent peoples radios back? Some of you act like he's a saint.

The last video. Hummm :unsure:
Maybe this was the double bluff April fools joke?
April fools!!! Ah, not really.
But in the end, could have actually been April Fools. :LOL:

It's just a thought. We may never know what happened to Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.