• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

any one had problems with x-force/magna force amps ?

B

BOOTY MONSTER

just curious......................has anyone had any problems with these amps or had problems being treated properly by their warranty department if they had a problem ?

i ordered a xt800 2by8 all 2879`s ..i ordered during busy season(income tax time)i was told there would be a 6 week wait .nearly to the day the amp showed up at my door .beautifully made and made like i asked with the 8 pill section down one side and 2 pills on the other(makes for easy upgrades ).darn thing works like a champ .has a lite up relay,that blew my mind when i seen the inside of the box lighting up .i thought i was arcing .anyway i ordered with credit card online ,was told up front about the wait .and it arrived when they said it would .when i called someone always answered the phone.

now that just my experience.i am a member of thier web board so they keep members happy.
not long ago i found a deal on a used xforce 5 pill with all 2879`s.put it in the kids car and that darn thing smokes .

that being said its a good amp i got but i,m kinda a davemade guy and i,m switching back soon.might keep the xt800 too.its beautifull inside.
1010011ez1.jpg

You scare me sometimes Joe , IM just glad I don't live down the street from you :) Looks interesting Joe , I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it. ....and here IM looking for a little 1 pill AB-1 amp .......IM beginning to feel as if I've entered the Twilight Zone .....do do do do ,do do do do ,

i got a davemade 2by8 too i,m gonna slap in there and try...lol.....hey 74 lets hear your experience,a simple yep just isnt enough..lol...share,share.

switch-i have had soooo many amps come n go thru here over the years i cant remember them all.i would buy em run em for awhile and sell them for my cost so i got the use for free.some of them were ......fatboy,xforce,pony made,pirate linear works,no name (couple of those,they work good)got a world wide 3 pill here now on the base,theres been more those just been the pill amps .tubers ,lets see.....couple a mavericks,couple d&a`s,firebird 1 tube modulator,couple of jb150`s,jb12 once,couple of jb75a`s,a phantom once that i never got going right,a nitro 300 by transel corp,i,m sure theres been more .

the davemades tend to stick around the longest.

between me n bendare we probably tried near every amp on the market...lol....

cb=constantly buying...you know the drill.

Last edited:
Bought a MF100, it had some parts not even tinned, much less soldered. Popped the only pill. CCM fixed it for me and added a 2290.

Had another MF, the switches stopped lighting. No big deal. Rolling Radios told me call Carl and he'd send me replacements, which I did. Never heard another thing.

I own a Xforce 1.2KW (12Pill), 2x4 base box (sold), 400 amp motor maul. No problems associated with build quality. They shipped items on the date they said they would. They have good customer service. Better than dealing with Joe from Dave Made on the phone.

thats why i went the way i did too.didnt wanna deal with the phone persona.let alone ask him to build a all 2879 box with built in drivers..could you imagine?lol.....i usually buy my davemades used.i still run davemade too.

if you want a xforce amp join the forum,then order.then you can keep track of its progress on the forum board.

sorry to hear of your misfourtune 74 .it can happen,builders have bad days too.

Bought a MF100, it had some parts not even tinned, much less soldered. Popped the only pill. CCM fixed it for me and added a 2290.

Had another MF, the switches stopped lighting. No big deal. Rolling Radios told me call Carl and he'd send me replacements, which I did. Never heard another thing.

Similar problems here with my maggy 900 and carl left me hanging also so I did the next best thing, I started copying davemade amps and have not bought another assembled amp since.

Tried a few different variations and some were good and some, well ask bob, keekles.

I have had a Magna 350 for 4 years. 0 problems so I cant coment on there service because I never needed any

i ended up giving it away. It sounded like crap except on AM where anything that transmits almost sounds good.(the one i traded my dang melaka which i actually liked) for and have been pissed ever since.(for trading that hunk of crap in a red box for my radio) thing wasnt actually a magnaforce god only knows what WORLDIWDEAUDIO MAN did to it. he said someone made it a 2 pill instead of being a 1 pill. The Ab biasing was ripped out of it according to my local yoda. My power supply couldnt take it on am so i gave it to a friend for nothing. I dont care. Oh well. over a month for my dang davemade that i wanted when the melaka was BUZZING THEY ALL BUZZ. ahh
sorry guys just venting on an old memory.
Sup switch kit. Bigred wavin a hand there breaka break breaka.
OH btw switch i got a dx 22b if you didnt hear. i like it. lots of coverage. 26-32mhz cant beat it. too bad the radio sounds like shit with out a proper mic. the hand mic sucks. and the robot voices werent as good as i expected. Oh well college in a few months then it all goes away in the attic.
73's round SoCal BigRed is clear to the sheets.

i ordered a xt800 2by8 all 2879`s ..i ordered during busy season(income tax time)i was told there would be a 6 week wait .nearly to the day the amp showed up at my door .beautifully made and made like i asked with the 8 pill section down one side and 2 pills on the other(makes for easy upgrades ).darn thing works like a champ .has a lite up relay,that blew my mind when i seen the inside of the box lighting up .i thought i was arcing .anyway i ordered with credit card online ,was told up front about the wait .and it arrived when they said it would .when i called someone always answered the phone.

now that just my experience.i am a member of thier web board so they keep members happy.
not long ago i found a deal on a used xforce 5 pill with all 2879`s.put it in the kids car and that darn thing smokes .

that being said its a good amp i got but i,m kinda a davemade guy and i,m switching back soon.might keep the xt800 too.its beautifull inside.
1010011ez1.jpg

Look at all the flux splatter on that board...........not real nice IMO.

Just one more thought on this thread, magna's straight drive amps are ok, the problems start when you over drive they're "B" BIASED circuit then you have what's known as thermal runaway but if you keep them at a respectible level of power they will work fairly well.

STAY AWAY FROM THOSE MAG AMPS WITH DRIVE STAGES OR YOU WILL REGRET YOUR PURCHASE.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.