• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any one heard of this company

mayco1

Jan 21, 2010
I was on the internet last night and came across an amp maker Brimstone Amps. has anyone heard of or delt with them. Just looking to get some info. Also i am looking to buy a new base amp i run a Rci 2990 set a 50 w. dead key and swing at 125. thanks .

Never heard of it, which says nothing really. Brand/company names come and go about as regularly as clock work. All of them are illegitimate, or 'under the counter', so mean very little. I think it's sort of a silly idea to put much 'faith'/stock/belief in any of them, since they all are dealing in the same basic thing. Of those three, 'faith' comes as close as anything to describe them, since faith isn't based on repeatable fact.
- 'Doc

It's by a person who pushes religion and non-sinning activities yet breaks this countries laws by building and or illegally modifying equipment
which makes him a hypocrite which in my eyes makes him a person who would stick it to you.

That's what really pisses me off about you Mack.....
You never just come out and say what you think, you always just beat around the bush and drop subtle hints. :LOL:

That's what really pisses me off about you Mack.....
You never just come out and say what you think, you always just beat around the bush and drop subtle hints. :LOL:
I get this soft shouldered approach from my mothers' side of the family.

picture.php

Last edited:
I was on the internet last night and came across an amp maker Brimstone Amps. has anyone heard of or delt with them. Just looking to get some info. Also i am looking to buy a new base amp i run a Rci 2990 set a 50 w. dead key and swing at 125. thanks .
I ran across a palomar elite 500 HD with 4X 455's. any one know about it. It's about 12" x12" and a base. I was told it was about 15yrs. old????????? how much to drive it??

Last edited:
With those finals I doubt it's a true HD amplifier. Something like a 2-3 watt AM dead key and maybe 20-30 watts pep input should work. Most of the newer high powered Exports would probably not work well with it. If it's AB biased it will do great on SSB.

It has been my experience that anytime you see an amp with the words and letters Palomar and HD on it, that is a misprint.

The HD should actually read "LD" for low drive. anything more than 2W DK in and it will not last long and all of the magic smoke will escape in short order.:cry:

It will also convert itself into a "splatter box" when over driven and cause your words of wisdom on the radio to be heard by all on adjacent channels.:angry:

Now if this pleases you, all you need to do is overdrive it and over volt it as well and for a short period of time, (very short) you will be the owner of all 40 channels. :laugh:

It's by a person who pushes religion and non-sinning activities yet breaks this countries laws by building and or illegally modifying equipment
which makes him a hypocrite which in my eyes makes him a person who would stick it to you.

All the religious people that I know would stab you in the back in a New York minute to get what they want.

All the religious people that I know would stab you in the back in a New York minute to get what they want.
This makes me laugh when you can post a reply to a subject that obviously you no nothing about. You don't know me from the time a day. Oh BTW I AM A CHRISTIAN AND JESUS DID DIE FOR MY SINS GOT JESUS ?????

I don't care a lot about what you people talk about. But when you trash Religion then you involve me.

Religion

Sex

Politics

3 things that have nothing to do with radio.

3 things that will start an argument in a New York minute.

3 things I stay as far away from as possible on forums.

:whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.