• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Pink Floyd Fans ???

Thats sad I was just talking to my dad about that hes into the older rock and man he loves the Rolling Stones and Led Zepplin I was saying how crazy it is aon how long some of them groups were together touring and just known to have stayed together AMAZING!! if you think about it. I referr back to my 1980's erra look at all the ONE HIT WONDER bands one album and there outta there. rolling stone cheaptrick styx pinl floyd aerosmith david bowie whos done music with newer bands now AC/DC and theres a few more who really just hung in there was it because they were just lucky or was it because they were just that good I think we know the answer. My brother got to go to Milwaukee County Brewer Stadium with our neighbors when we were in high school they had an extra ticket to who but PINK FLOYD I thought lucky B@$tard he said they had an awsome lazer light show and special effects to die for. I still listen to my Floyd just havent seen THE WALL movie in a long time. That moviw was bizzare LOL but yet kinda cool. besides when I seee these people passing on I feel I am aging :glare:

He sure was an incredible musician. He was always sort of low-key, didn't get the attention that Gilmour and Waters got. But he was, as N9RZD mentioned, absolutely essential to that "Floyd" sound.

His music will endure as long as there are lovers of great music.

Richard Wright has gone to "The Great Gig in the Sky "

Pink Floyd member Richard Wright dies at age 65 - NYTimes.com

their sound will never be the same

Rock on Rick !!!!
Like so many before him , there sound will remain the same. Music never dies , only the folks that make it. I honestly don't see Floyd dying off to very soon , no more then the Beatles , Hendrix , Vaughn, Elvis, ect. ect. ect.

To say there sound will never be the same doesn't mak much sence to me ? but I think I understand what you mean. There's a tribute to Floyd that has been around for many years now , I saw them on Public TV , they do a outstanding job of Floyd.

By the grace of God and for my past 48 years , music never dies. Period.

One thing is for sure. The band in heaven, is getting more and more talent. I know there is a song about Rock an Roll heaven it's rattling around in my head but I can't remember who did it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.