• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Suggestions For A Good Speaker System...

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
for my PC....my logitechs with the small sub woofer are starting to sound bad....buzzing and distorting....time to shop for a new set....any suggestions will be appreciated. :)

i picked up a Sony str DE597
hooked up the center then the front left and right then the rear left and right
on the input i got a 1/8 inch stereo plug that turns to the RCA left and right plug
and i had a small 12 powered sub
it can be a little to much at times but when i need it i can turn the dial

i picked up a Sony str DE597
hooked up the center then the front left and right then the rear left and right
on the input i got a 1/8 inch stereo plug that turns to the RCA left and right plug
and i had a small 12 powered sub
it can be a little to much at times but when i need it i can turn the dial

I would like to see a pic of that set up....I did not know that home theater receivers would work with pc's?

i like the Klipsch THX
i had a 5.1 setup until after 4 years the sub finally went out
now i just use the left and right speakers to have something to plug into a radio while testing it or for a scanner

just for crazyness i also have a Sony DE885 has an adapter i got at radshack
goes from mono 1/8 jack to a left and right rca plugs
thats plugged into anyone of my radios that i may want to talk on that week
and believe me that you only will need a Center and left and right
sure it dont do the effect as if east coast was to roll in the the right speakers would be working or if canada was to roll in the the center speaker would come on or if west coast
but its sounding good here
hard to beat that sound out out of 3 foot sony speakers

i like the Klipsch THX
i had a 5.1 setup until after 4 years the sub finally went out
now i just use the left and right speakers to have something to plug into a radio while testing it or for a scanner

just for crazyness i also have a Sony DE885 has an adapter i got at radshack
goes from mono 1/8 jack to a left and right rca plugs
thats plugged into anyone of my radios that i may want to talk on that week
and believe me that you only will need a Center and left and right
sure it dont do the effect as if east coast was to roll in the the right speakers would be working or if canada was to roll in the the center speaker would come on or if west coast
but its sounding good here
hard to beat that sound out out of 3 foot sony speakers

So do you have to run the receiver in mono setting?

now dont get me to lying
it just comes on and is showing the left right and center speakers

im sure its seeing a mono
the receiver is just sending it out as a mono but going to all 3 speakers

I am kinda liking the Corsair SP2500.

The Logitech Z5500 are not made anymore....but a friend had them and they would rock the house. :D

if you don't game or watch HD movies on your PC a surround sound setup is kinda wasted . it can "enhance" stereo music though .

i've delt with newegg several times , built a few PC's from scratch with their parts and never had the first issue with them at all . (y)

Newegg.com - Computer Speakers, PC Speaker

what's your price range and will you use a 5.1 or 7.2 speaker setup ? or the typical 2 channel setup ?

if you don't game or watch HD movies on your PC a surround sound setup is kinda wasted . it can "enhance" stereo music though .

i've delt with newegg several times , built a few PC's from scratch with their parts and never had the first issue with them at all . (y)

Newegg.com - Computer Speakers, PC Speaker

what's your price range and will you use a 5.1 or 7.2 speaker setup ? or the typical 2 channel setup ?

I would like to not go over $200

I actually use regular 100 watt stereo amplifier and small bookshelf speakers with my computers but I do have several sets of computer speakers and the best sounding ones are the Insignia system I put on my wifes computer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.