• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anybody Exactly Figure Out Why eBay Allows the Sri Lanka Scam? I Have A Theory

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
So by now we've all seen the Sri Lanka guys (The New Nigerians) on eBay with their non-existent Big Radios at Fire Sale prices. Surely eBay knows that they are scammers yet they are still on there today.
I have a theory.
A Scam is only a Scam if someone actually gets scammed. Do we REALLY have to DEFINE (Scam) for them?
So some fool does a buy and sends the money. Item never shows up. Buyer apparently has to ask for money back and they do get it back .... but probably like 7-8 weeks later. So the buyer gets the money back ..... can't even leave a Negative Feedback after a Refund .... So eBay can say "sorry for you but all is well 'cause Look! .... here's your money back .... so you weren't scammed after all. Thank You and Come Again.
My theory is that - Seeing as eBay handles the money now .... doing the moving the money around .... for a few days the money is sitting in their big pile in the bank EARNING INTEREST. - And while Mr. Sri Lanka has your money for more than a month .... he's doing something with it to make more before he has to give it back to you. Maybe loan sharking around the neighborhood in their dirt poor shithole country. Maybe sitting in a pile drawing a little interest.
It HAS to be SOMETHING. They wouldn't be trying to do this if they weren't able to make some money out of it somehow.
So what do you know or think is going on ..... And for crying out loud SHAME on eBay for participating in the perpetration of this fraud.
So eBay makes a little money and Mr. Sri Lanka is doing something to make money.
And by all means if you know of a way to complain about this to eBay in such a way that they will listen and make a change to eliminate these scams .... well please share that with us.

eBay is a SCAM with their super high fees.I would never sell there again for any item or any purpose.

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.