• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone Else Experiencing This?

Hey Jeff be safe my friend!!!
Thanks Bobby, we are fortunate.
The fire moved east and we are west of hwy140.
Our friends Jeremy and his wife lost there home that has been in the family since 1854.
They did save the horses and most of the animals, but the ranch house and all but one barn burned to the ground.
We were very fortunate.
We have been helping out as we can, it just breaks your heart to see.
We have a strong community.
The only good thing about this fire is everyone got out, no loss of human life.

Jeff

Reactions: BJ radionut
In this picture, we are to the left or west of MidPines.
What stopped it from crossing 140 was as soon as the fire was reported they rerouted a DC10 airtanker and two helicopters and blanketed the east side of 140 with retardant and water drops. These resources were already fighting the Agua fire over on Guadalupe mountain.
If not for that quick move by Cal-fire we would have lost even more.
This is very rugged terrain in the area with little access by road.
The DC10 is one he'll of a firefighting aircraft and the guys that fly them have balls of steel.
They can dump over 9000 gallons of fire retardant in less than 10 seconds, and lay it down over a 1 mile long swath.

This is from the oak fire 3 weeks ago.

The creek fire back in 2020 shows some flying skill, these are both big planes.

Jeff
Screenshot_20220818-122637~2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Handy Andy
Very wild weather in maraposa this afternoon, snow,sleet,hail, thunder and lightning. Couldn't make thru on 49 with my company van. Need snow tires or chains today

It's really been a mess, power was out 14 hours, lots of road closures, flooding.
Trees down, 140 from Cathy's Valley down to the Chase Ranch was shut down.
My wife said there were evacuations in Planada and places in Merced.
We were under a shelter in place order
They had a tornado warning down there just about 5pm.
We need rain, just don't need 30+ inches in two weeks.......

Jeff

Last edited:
Day 2 here, of the current wind storm brutality. Yesterday gave sustained 30 to 40mph and 65 to 70mph gusts..... Today... we're expecting the worst part of it...and the windy season has just begun. On the menu today, 35 to 45mph sustained and constant gusts around 70 to 80mph... It's a modern day dust bowl. Antenna mast was lowered as low as possible to about 12ft before the storm so we'll see how the sigma holds up again.
Screenshot_20230222_065825_MyRadar.jpg
20230221_160827.jpg

Day 2 here, of the current wind storm brutality. Yesterday gave sustained 30 to 40mph and 65 to 70mph gusts..... Today... we're expecting the worst part of it...and the windy season has just begun. On the menu today, 35 to 45mph sustained and constant gusts around 70 to 80mph... It's a modern day dust bowl. Antenna mast was lowered as low as possible to about 12ft before the storm so we'll see how the sigma holds up again.
View attachment 62810
View attachment 62811
Here in Nevada we're getting high winds, about 30+, snow on the mountains around us. Started last night, supposed to continue for a couple of days.

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
Reactions: AudioShockwav
I couldn't make my deliveries to Oakhurst or maraposa yesterday due to heavy snow, chp stopped everyone at corsegold... needed chains to go further up, I was wondering is it snowed in as well going on 140 thru Cathy's valley
They do a decent job plowing 140 up to the park because there are YARTS busses running.
They all have automatic chains on them so they just keep going.
There are chain controls everywhere now, they were making everyone chain up last night, even 4wd with snow tires to get from Oakhurst to Mariposa.

Jeff

Reactions: Handy Andy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.