• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone else have the FLU?

Haven't had the flu since I started getting the flu shots 15 years ago.
I remember the fever, headaches, congestion.....don't miss it a bit.
A good case of the flu might kill me now.

I won't get the flu,.... I'm following the medical instructions obama gave out last year,.............. "just cough into your sleeve"

lol

i got the flu shot, but caught something nasty any way...i over it but it put me in bed for 2 dys

I'm not worried about colds or flu. I've had a cold for over a month now but nothing serious. I have enough body fat to stay warm enough to handle any normal flu, though I did get swine flu a few years ago and that nearly killed me from relentless exhaustion over 48 hours due to occupational asthma from working with livestock feed.

People are saying how rampant the flu is this year however the vast majority of the cases are NOT the flu but rather a Norovirus which is not the flu. It just knocks the shit out of you (literally) for a couple days and makes you wish you were dead while voiding your body from both ends. I haven't had the flu in years even tho I have not had a flu shot in years nor has my wife and she is a nurse. She refuses to have a flu shot as every time she has it she gets the flu and is out of commission for several weeks. Fingers are crossed again this year.

The norovirus is called the winter vomiting bug. It's endemic in hospitals and kills a lot of old people. It has never troubled me badly as on a farm I tend to have had every scour and gastroenteritis going at some time and have developed resistance to it. I had a bad bout of gastroenteritis that was worse than the norovirus over a winter a year ago. Whenever I was caught in the cold at night and my body temperature dropped i keeled over in pain like someone stabbed me in my intestines.

True, many people misdiagnosis the flu.

Influenza usually starts abruptly with fever, aches, chills, headache and dry cough. I'm glad I don't have Norwalk virus. I can barely get out of bed to go pee.

This is the first time I've been really sick since retiring as a Paramedic. Back then, most of us were frequently catching something from being around so many sick people.

Having young kids in school never helped either. They always brought something home with them.

Nope...got a flu shot, staying away from public places as much as possible and washing my hands all the time.. So far so good. They say this year if you feel yourself getting better and suddenly feel worse to get you rear to a doctor pronto.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.