• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone have coffered ceilings?

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
My wife thinks it's a bad idea, me and my daughter like it. The wife thinks our ceiling is to low(8ft) I think it would look better than the bad tape job I've had to look at since we moved in, my wife says nobody notices ceilings anyway. Maybe it's just me, but I notice ceilings, IDK I just do. I was wondering if anyone on the forum had this style of ceiling, and what they thought of them. I'm going to gradually buy my materials and just do it ( when the wife's at work ) LOL! Im sure she'll like it once she sees it in person.
Here's a picture of what I'd like to do. I should mention I just want to do this in the living room and dining room, we have an open floor plan, the rest of the ceilings in the house aren't bad, but the living room and dining room,
Screenshot_20220321-212211_Google.jpg
drive me crazy!!

Last edited:

I like it! But I don’t have to answer to your wife…I don’t think.

Good Luck!
Lol, I figure it will be like the full glass storm door we went back and forth over for months, she thought that was a bad idea, now she loves it. Besides that, I figure if I'm going to fix her counter tops that she finds so unappealing and I see nothing wrong with, that I should fix the ceiling that i think is an eye sore.
:)

Reactions: S&W357
If people don't notice ceilings, then do it and see if she notices.
Ha ha! That's what I was thinking. My daughter told me just go ahead and do it, then she asked how many times has she gotten a new vehicle without asking your opinion? (3 times) But it didn't put us in a bind, and the ceiling won't put us in a bind either, actually I feel it will add value to our home. If she notices the ceiling I'll just tell her like she's been telling me, just don't look at the ceiling. :p

We recently remodeled a large section of our house, wife and I didn't agree on kitchen cabinet configuration, I now know that she listens to others with a more open mind than she does me. Cabinet contractor explained it once and set the hook, now she loves it.

I happen to notice everything about my home (and most everything else) and really like that idea you posted versus typical sheetrock.

Todd

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.