• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone have their gallbladder out?

I got mine out this past May. I used to have occasional discomfort with it, but if I watched what I ate, it was tolerable. About 7 weeks prior to getting that SOB cut out I was in some bad ass relentless pain. I didn't have traditional GB symptoms, but man, did it hurt.

I was happy to get it out, couldn't wait for the day of surgery. NOW, I have gained about 11 pounds. Didn't know it, but apparently weight gain is common post GB surgery. I used to have a warning before a big poop was coming on, lol. But now, it's like a DEFCON warning. You have no advance warning and you best be looking for a pot. lol

I feel 100% better after getting that bastard out and would do it again in a heart beat. I had a colonoscopy during the same surgery, so bit of a double whammy. I had laparoscopic surgery, pain wasn't to bad, piece of cake, really.

My ultrasound showed 2 stones and 3 polyps. They say polyps are bad and need to come out if they start to get big. One of my polyps was within the margin of being worrisome.

I thought I'd share my story here instead of on 14.300.

Last edited:
Although I have not personally I know several people who have including both my parents. In each case there was never a question IF but rather HOW SOON. Relief was almost instant and very noticeable. Some people say they can't eat greasy foods as much after but that's not a real bad thing. Small price to possibly pay for feeling much better, being pain free, and not running the risk of liver and pancreas problems later.

I had mine taken out

They used the small holes 4 if I remember. I was in a lot of pain before the surgery and almost none at all afterwards.
I haven't changed my diet at all. I still eat meat like T-Rex and anything else I want. No problems. I would have mine taken out all over again. I remember a lessening of back pain and just felt better.

I had mine removed 5 years ago,.......... absolutely NO side effects except some weight gain.

In fact, after I woke up in the ICU after 7 hours on the operating table,.......... thats another story,.........

my surgeon, a world class surgeon that flew in from the Neatherlands just to do my surgery at Moffitt in Florida,.......

told me that "BTW, while I was in there, I also took out your gallbladder",
I asked "why?" and she just said, "it was in my way"

My ultrasound showed 2 stones and 3 polyps. They say polyps are bad and need to come out if they start to get big. One of my polyps was within the margin of being worrisome.

I thought I'd share my story here instead of on 14.300.

I had Diverticulitis and one of them ruptured and ended up in ICU for 14 days in a coma on a respirator. When I woke up I scared the snot out of a nurse and a Doctor. I was choking and sat bolt up right gagging and snorting. I wish I could have seen the looks on their faces.

I have read that taking probiotics helps with digestives issues for post GB. I just started taking Culturell. Any other product that contains Lactobacillus GG is just as good. To early, but does seem like it's helping.

had mine out 8 years ago and weight gain may be an issue but I found I lost 20 lbs. in the last 3 months by cutting out "almost'' LOL all sugar and haven't had a soda pop in as many months.

I also started taking a probiotic capsule daily and that seemed to regulate me and I feel about 20 years younger for that.

this is the product I used and I've tried several and this one is the best by far and if this link is a problem for the forum rules please feel free to remove it. thanks

Whole Body Research Keybiotics

They used the small holes 4 if I remember. I was in a lot of pain before the surgery and almost none at all afterwards.
I haven't changed my diet at all. I still eat meat like T-Rex and anything else I want. No problems. I would have mine taken out all over again. I remember a lessening of back pain and just felt better.

I had this nagging back pain for 20+ years. It was just below and to the left of my right scapula. Doctors kept saying it was a slipped rib. I basically just learned to deal with it. Since my surgery, that pain is gone. I'm thinking part of my weight gain is from eating stuff that used to fire me up. I can eat all my old favorite spicy foods again.

Well, you guys are only mildly comforting. Oh, I'm having nightmares reading all the comments following GB articles.

OK, I've had about 6 acute attacks. When they happen, you can ease the pain by rubbing your face on the concrete or shoving a hot soldering iron under your fingernails, but those are just temporary.

I thought that watching 30 such surgeries on YouTube would make it more palatable.

The problem is that after a night of agonizing for hours on end, I'll get up in the morning and feel fine. No problem at all. Now I want nothing to do with that sort of pain again, and I certainly do not want to deal with a lifetime of bowel issues either. Maybe if I was closer to retirement than college, it would not seem so bad...

I had mine ripped out in 97 couldn't stand the pain anymore ..yes it takes few months for your bowels to re adjust..I lost 60 lbs when it was bothering me couldn't eat shit ...the day I had it out I ate like a pig and loved it ...it felt so good to be able to eat without pain...just get it done I waited 9 months cause I didn't want surgery..never felt better than after I had it done the doctor wanted too save mine cause he said the stone was as big as a golf ball said he never saw one that big before ( never been told that before either ) just do it you will be much happier when you eat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.