• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone have their gallbladder out?

I thought that watching 30 such surgeries on YouTube would make it more palatable.

Oh jeesh! I have a bad bunion on my right foot that has been getting worse for years. It is at the point now that it aches more often than not and I cannot rest on the balls of my feet and knees as the right big toe is at pretty much a 45 degree inward angle and does not want to bend like the others. I have been considering surgery and have looked at some videos of the procedure. They certainly added a considerable pucker factor to the issue. Upon telling my wife (a registered nurse) about having mixed feelings about surgery after watching the videos she said "DUMB ASS! WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU DO THAT! It is NOT pretty especially if they have to use plates and screws or even reshapen bone pieces. That's about the worst thing you could have done."

I had to agree with her........even the dumb ass part. :sad:

give it 80 to 90 days and you'll have an ah ha! day like I did

I have read that taking probiotics helps with digestives issues for post GB. I just started taking Culturell. Any other product that contains Lactobacillus GG is just as good. To early, but does seem like it's helping.

Gall bladders are good for something aren't they?

they store and concentrate the bile produced by your liver, then squeeze our that juice into your small intestine after you eat. Bile is used to digest certain types of proteins - fat proteins, which are necessary for health.

well, it sure has been an enjoyable net,............

thank you all for checking in and sharing your experiences:D

What is interesting is that I posted the exact same question on various special interest forums and have received a variety of types of responses. You all were very nice.

Funny this thread would come up......i am going through a bad spell....after pigging out on a pizza.....i have had gall bladder attacks before....and got it to go away by just not hardly eating any thing.....i have had very little sleep in the last 4 days.....i can push on my right side now and no pain....

Yeah, I feel great! I have not eaten anything for two days. This morning I had a strawberry and two steamed green beans for breakfast. Lunch is half an apple and peach. I may skip dinner. I should be able to pass out by then from low blood sugar.

I've had 4 attacks, every one involved cheese, but the last one was not for totally pigging out. Probably 1/4 cup mozzarella on corn chips with lean ground bisen and some salsa. Not the greatest food choice...

Yeah, I feel great! I have not eaten anything for two days. This morning I had a strawberry and two steamed green beans for breakfast. Lunch is half an apple and peach. I may skip dinner. I should be able to pass out by then from low blood sugar.

I've had 4 attacks, every one involved cheese, but the last one was not for totally pigging out. Probably 1/4 cup mozzarella on corn chips with lean ground bisen and some salsa. Not the greatest food choice...

Yeah.....i messed up....had half a bun with tuna and a slice of cheese....hurting again....my head also aches....my head aching and the pain has kept me from sleeping....i need to go get checked out...not for sure its gallbladder..could be apendix......but had the same thing before and it was from eating....i ate half a large pan pizza from pizza hut....which never used to bother me.....here lately its one thing after another.

If your pain is lingering then you might have a different issue. Appendix usually feels to be lower abdomen.

If your pain is lingering then you might have a different issue. Appendix usually feels to be lower abdomen.

Yup...if you push on the right side of my tummy its sore...also have had fever hot spell and sweat.

Yup...if you push on the right side of my tummy its sore...also have had fever hot spell and sweat.

Uh-oh...sounds like appendix. THAT I have been there and done that.Even have the scar to prove it. :laugh: Mine was out back in the day when they used to make a single long incision and you were off work for a while. A simple blood test should show highly elevated levels of white blood cells indicating the presence of infection.When I went into the hospital to be checked they did a blood test and when I asked if it was high the nurse simply said "Well let's put it this way. They are getting a bed all ready for you as we speak". I had mine out a couple months shy of my 16'th birthday. The doctor said it was the largest he had ever seen without rupturing. It broke while it was being removed. I lost about 20 pounds that week and a half. Back then I didn't have it to loose. Now however.............:whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.