• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone have their gallbladder out?

It's a crap shoot - don't know what you'll get. The odds are in your favor though...

It's not working out well for me now. I had it out a couple months ago. I was better off before, except for the acute attacks.

Now I have constant bloating, intestines feel wrenched and are always tight. There is always squealing and groaning from my abdomen as the intestines are twisting and fighting, sloshing back and forth...

While I don't pee out my ass, I have constant, chronic diarrhea / loose stools, like a handful of coarse sand or dirt. My rectum has slightly protruded. When I woke from surgury, I had all kinds of hemmorhoids fully thrombosed. I can see that food no longer digests and feel I will endure a slow lifelong decline.

I just cannot eat much any more either. All food is nausiating. I use a tea-cup saucer for my lunch plate. I do not eat dinner any more, and just about a cup of food any time I do eat. No more coffee, no dairy of any kind, very little meat and only chicken breast or pork; just a couple ounces. No chocolate or any of those kinds of sweets, no pastries, no eating out. This thanksgiving will be no gravy, no mashed potatoes, but I will eat cranberry sauce.

Actually, today is two months. I've lost over 70 pounds - getting to skin and bones now.

The worst part is, I ended up with some kind of back injury from the surgury, on the right side just below my shoulder blade. The first night back from the OR, I woke with a terrible back pain that would not let me lay down at all. So I spent the first week sitting, not able to lay down, not even to sleep. This back pain now comes on after beng up for about an hour, and increases in pain until I must relent and lay down, where it will pass after about an hour. I can keep it at bay by sitting in a chair with a back and keeping relaxed. It stops all my activities, though. I liked to walk, but I get about 100 yards and it gets unbearable. Normal day-to-day office work is OK, it's just my own stuff, my own life that is interrupted now.

Maybe it will get better.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.