• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANYONE HEARD THE JAMMER ON 38LSB

We had the same problem with a local years ago. The guy would broadcast his scanner over the CB local channel hours every day. Thinking that the FCC would be responsible caretakers of the spectrum and enforce the rules behind a situation like this on CB is silly. You would have better luck with the local police or zoning board and complain about interference. When none of that works, Radio Shack sold a simple solution in a small paper back book called "Communications Projects"

In this book a wide band RF transmitter using a transistor, capacitor, resistor, and coil wound on a straw are described. The stock circuit can be enhanced in ways that I will not fully disclose other then to say 60 cycle hum is beneficial here. The device was planted at the offenders location and effectively blocked his ability to receive anything between standard broadcast AM and about 400 MHz. It was allowed to run until the person actually moved 6 months later.

sometimes you just have to feel sorry for people that act this way...some one must have really mentally messed this guy up when he was a kid at one point or another.... Mr. Frank KK6FR AKA "uncle Fester" not only acts like a jack ass on 38lsb ( I hear him regularally) it looks like he does it to his fellow hams as well...I just can't understand why people find pleasure in trying to ruin others enjoyment
I don't care if you are cber or a ham
if we all just respected each other the world would be a better place.......

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C86gxXIhvFY

For some people jamming is a facet of radio just like DXing, homebrewing or ragchewing.

There are others who spend 99% of their on air time talking crap about other operators.

Figure out how to enjoy the hobby if you want to confound these sub-humans.

For some people jamming is a facet of radio just like DXing, homebrewing or ragchewing.

There are others who spend 99% of their on air time talking crap about other operators.

Figure out how to enjoy the hobby if you want to confound these sub-humans.

It's called "Little Man Syndrome". These "people" have low self esteem even though most won't admit it but try and act like a big man. The only way they can feel good about themselves is to beat someone down. They are a pretty sad group of people IMHO.

It's called "Little Man Syndrome". These "people" have low self esteem even though most won't admit it but try and act like a big man. The only way they can feel good about themselves is to beat someone down. They are a pretty sad group of people IMHO.

I hear this so many times on 80 meters. The 80 meter outlaws is the unofficial title given.

Some evenings I just SWL and listen to the crowd welcome in a new op and them be little him on his choice of antenna, his choice of radio. The fact that he is not running any amplifier and the rest of the group is running a Kw. Just on and on and on. So much for being the so called elite operators with their license and holier than thou attitudes.

When I hear that I usually warm up the Swan 700CX, Break into the QSO and let the fun begin. The exception is I usually hear compliments on audio, the good signal strength. On one occasion the op was telling me how good my audio looked on his scope. When he asked what rig I was running I replied, why do you not tell me since you have a $5000 plus radio, you can monitor my audio signal, why can't you tell me what rig I am running?

That leads into the next phase about how I heard them run the new op off the freq because he was not using a preferred antenna or running enough power to fit in the group.

Then I tell them I am running a multi-band dipole with a 37 year old all tube radio. With no amplifier. I then explain that it is not the radio, or the amount of power that is transmitted through whatever antenna of choice that makes the station. It is the courtesy and attitude of the operator that makes the station. Then I ask them what type of station they are running?

Makes for interesting QSOs

I doubt the FCC is going to do anything about this, and pushing the fact that skip is involved is pushing it as far as the FCC is concerned...

You may just aswell tell the FCC someone is jamming a frequency in the freeband, see where that goes...

:bdh:

T23

does the prozac kid jam the channel with sirens? what a jackass hope someone DF's his station and does something mean to it.

Malicious Interference/Jamming on 38 LSB

The Prozac Kid, Funky Monkey, Dr. Death (CH 19) are all one in the same. The culprit is N4TAT in Warner Robins, GA. He associates himself with some of the worst of the worst, from 14.313 on the 20 meter ham band. Good luck with any effort made to curtail his antics. I for one would be grateful.

Dave

When none of that works, Radio Shack sold a simple solution in a small paper back book called "Communications Projects"

In this book a wide band RF transmitter using a transistor, capacitor, resistor, and coil wound on a straw are described. The stock circuit can be enhanced in ways that I will not fully disclose other then to say 60 cycle hum is beneficial here. The device was planted at the offenders location and effectively blocked his ability to receive anything between standard broadcast AM and about 400 MHz. It was allowed to run until the person actually moved 6 months later.

I have that book. You mean this one?

zjeyih.jpg
bdmt79.jpg

So what did you do to it? You know, just in case... :D

^^^ Dude must be running a decent amount of power if his tone generator is able to cover up the channel. Should not be hard to find him with some direction finding equipment and the power he is running.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated