• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone like to comment on this radio Racal Javelin RC9125?

Other than the seller is attempting to sell the item as NOS when it appears used from the exterior images. Know nothing about the unit, likewise virtually nothing worth mentioning comes up on a Google query.

Look at the ad and read it again. The seller says the inside images were from a damaged unit that is NOT for sale and the scuffed up exterior images are clearly labeled LIBRARY images meaning they are NOT from the unit being offered for sale. With continuous coverage from 2.0-30.0 MHz they would make a nice HF rig if you could get the control head as well.Racal made some mighty fine stuff to say the least.

Off topic sorta...:p
I'll have a javelin any day :)
ORD_ATGM_Javelin_Launch_Immediate_lg.jpg

BTW to OP link is dead?

The Javelin was developed by Matthew Kendall and Nick Massey at Racal in Vancouver in the late 90's. I worked with them, particularly in modifying an SGC ATU to handle the continuous power output. It was a superbly-designed radio, built like a tank and probably ahead of its time. It did not sell well and probably contributed to the closing of Racal in Vancouver in the late 90's.

The Javelin was developed by Matthew Kendall and Nick Massey at Racal in Vancouver in the late 90's. I worked with them, particularly in modifying an SGC ATU to handle the continuous power output. It was a superbly-designed radio, built like a tank and probably ahead of its time. It did not sell well and probably contributed to the closing of Racal in Vancouver in the late 90's.
Welcome!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated