• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANYONE SERIOUS ABOUT GAINING KNOWLEDGE?

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink."

With all that's going on - there are some great points being made here.

The one that stands out for me is, much of the equipment that companies are looking to throw away because it no longer suits their quality standards, is still by far - better than the quality of the equipment of yesterday.

But then - much of the equipment used yesterday, made the equipment we use today.

In that era, it was made by a human, even that - not many will ever know how the concept even got to this stage.

The changes are usually small, LED's replace Numitrons, LCD's replace LED, now flat screen and data loggers keep track of all the stuff that passes by the test leads.

Now? The Oscilloscope is just a novelty, a training aid, on a desk that sits in the corner - because the PC's, smartphones and tablets have replaced them because all they need is done with dongles off of that same equipment - and use the company wifi to upload the data to the cloud for tech or for anyone to see.

Good luck Porkchop - I hope the one you send your stuff to, doesn't use the rest of you to pay for their lunch

I don’t send my stuff out, I do my own repairs when needed, which isn’t very often. I have older equipment too but then again, I’m not making such claims or videos either.

Sorry about that..

Those "disturbances" in the force are getting stronger...

But we are here to help you along - the force tells us that you are confused on which route to take...

No matter what Aniken - remember your past...

EmperorPalpatine.png
DARTHMAUL.png

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealPorkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.