• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone tried the Sigma Venom Aluminum 5/8 from England?

So that's what is in there.

Do you remember me asking if you were able to see shielding wires inside the black electrical tape surrounding the wire for the CLR2 antenna coil matcher that I posted above. I think I also sent you several emails about this?

Anyway, I suspect the video below may be showing us something similar to what could be happpening inside the hub on your HG Venom 5/8 wave from England if there is NO shielding.

If so, this demonsration may be important to best operations for this HG design. And with this shield we might see a better pattern and maybe improved maximum gain and angle as a result.

Reactions: 357magnum
Marconi It is Friday I am off work. We can measure today. When you do not see me on the site for a couple days that means I am being overworked. LOL

Gary, here is a video telling us his Thunderpole antenna is 24' feet long, and the model name is printed on the box and also showing us it is a 5/8 wave on the top of the box. Does your box show the same markings or does it say it is a High Gain Venom?

BTW not that it really matters, but the real name of the original company that produced the Silver Rod is spelled HyGain, another difference I noticed in the video.

How say you?

Last edited:
I will have to look when I get home. Probably have to watch the videos from home but that looks like the antenna.

I am afraid to take it apart again it was a bit hard going back together do I do not want to ruin it.

I am afraid to take it apart again it was a bit hard going back together do I do not want to ruin it.

Don't take your antenna apart again. Can you tell us what you found hard in getting your antenna put back together?

Thanks Gary. I can't explain the differences, but I see the differences.

Last edited:
The screw went in awfully hard. It felt like the head was starting to round.

Sounds like you were using a nut driver.

That's not good, to have an important connection you can't be sure is secure and tight. Could it be cross threaded?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated