• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone use a dash cam?

Mercedes has cars that come with IR night cameras now. The tachometer or speedometer change to a view of the road ahead. Funny part is, the night vision won't work if you turn the headlights off. It says night vision not available with headlights off.

Nothing funny about that. It's a safety issue preventing fucktards from driving at night with their headlights off. Headlights are so other people can see YOU as well as allowing you to see them.

Reactions: 1 person
No thanks. Straight decent camera with no IR add-ons is all that is required.I don't plan on driving at night without my headlights on. :laugh: Besides most IR stuff has very limited range due to poor intensity. Visible light and a low lux camera is the way to go. I don't drive much at night anyway except a bit in the winter when it gets dark before I get home from work which is in town which is well lit anyway.

There are IR units with Excellent range....
Combine it with typical lights...Makes driving even safer
(whether you do or not want to record the video from the IR )

Like this==>> PathFindIR LWIR Camera Cores - Applications | FLIR Systems

Well I finally took the time to weed out the wheat from the chaff and ordered a camera. Ideally I wanted a dual camera setup to monitor tailgaters etc as well as GPS tracking and G-force sensors but I couldn't get everything I wanted in one decent priced package so I opted to drop the dual camera requirement. Two days ago I ordered this dash cam . It should be here about the end of August.

Hot Super Wide Angle 178°HD 1080p GPS Car DVR GS9000 Dash Camera IR Night Vision | eBay

Check out BlackVue DR500GW-HD

I like the looks of the BlackVue DR500GW-HD:
*no LED screen, but it will wifi to your smartphone, notebook, etc.
*hacked firmware available for more frame rates.
*new version with 2 camera (kind a spendy though)

check out the review and look around the site for information on other cameras and forum.
BlackVue DR500GW-HD | Dash Cam Talk

Hazelnut

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.