• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 5555 v6 review..

Just downloaded a 1kz tone..

On SSB with RF power setting at 9 o'clock setting with 1k tone from phone I get a 3w carrier. With 203 on I get a pegged 100w + carrier.. :)

On AM at 7 o'clock I get 1.5w deadkey and almost 40w carrier with 203 on.

Also note on lowest RF power knob setting I get 3/4w deadkey on AM.

While not direct insertion.. I like this tone testing.. more solid then whistling.

Reactions: kaos513 and Tallman
I do like the display and the regular size knobs on the 5555. Some radios have tiny knobs that look hard to use. I guess I will add the 5555 to the list of radios I might buy. LOL
As far as microphones go, I run an amplified D104 and get excellent reports on AM with my Sonar 2340. I have a Cobra powered mic on my Madison and get good reports on SSB but on AM all the guys want to know where my other radio is. LOL
I have been looking at this:
https://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-299
MFJ-299_THUMB.jpg
It has a ceramic element an EQ and a compressor. $99.95
Chris

Reactions: CB590
So I ordered a new Ranger SRA-198 mic 4 pin.. came with an adapter for Uniden/Mckinley too.. so I can try on my McKinley too.. was $23.25 shipped with 15% off EB coupon today only.

It's not all about meter readings at the receiver end. I would prefer to listen to a good clean noise free SSB signal than one that makes my meter twitch and sounds like crap.

Reactions: Rwb and CB590
It's not all about meter readings at the receiver end. I would prefer to listen to a good clean noise free SSB signal than one that makes my meter twitch and sounds like crap.

I agree.

I had a 3s noise floor all day, could be the 2 window AC units..

The SSB contact was definitely readable, though he did not break over the noise floor on the meter. We had a 3-4 minute qso.. He said I also sounded good and was hitting him with an S7 on his end..

Last edited:
Reactions: Tallman
I agree.

I had a 3s noise floor all day, could be the 2 window AC units..

The SSB contact was definitely readable, though he did not break over the noise floor on the meter. We had a 3-4 minute qso.. He said I also sounded good and was hitting him with an S7 on his end..

Time to do the DC battery test! Hook your radio to a battery, be sure to tell your wife that some testing is going to occur and there will be momentary power loss in the house.
With your radio running on the battery turn off one breaker at a time until the house power is off and no circuits have power. If you still have your High noise floor the problem is outside of your house.
Turn your power back on and reset your clocks. The power companies are the blame for a lot of noise in the radio bands. Let me know what you find out and I will tell you what your next steps should be. The FCC can get involved and force the power company to fix their problem. I had a S-7 noise floor 24-7-365 and determined the power grid was the problem. They replaced three transformers and some insulators. Noise gone!
Be sure to tell them you are a ham radio operator and they will treat you differently.

Time to do the DC battery test! Hook your radio to a battery, be sure to tell your wife that some testing is going to occur and there will be momentary power loss in the house.
With your radio running on the battery turn off one breaker at a time until the house power is off and no circuits have power. If you still have your High noise floor the problem is outside of your house.
Turn your power back on and reset your clocks. The power companies are the blame for a lot of noise in the radio bands. Let me know what you find out and I will tell you what your next steps should be. The FCC can get involved and force the power company to fix their problem. I had a S-7 noise floor 24-7-365 and determined the power grid was the problem. They replaced three transformers and some insulators. Noise gone!
Be sure to tell them you are a ham radio operator and they will treat you differently.

I traced before on my HF rig.. usually the laptop is running and that was the cause. Any additional would be neighbors crap. Mobile homes are very close together. Not worried about it

Thinking smarter maybe..

Should I get the MFJ-870 meter that does peak and such for $84 shipped?? I'm sure it's more accurate then the PDC-1 I have and does PEP as well..

I really want the 503 for $159 shipped from here in the US for power and the pre-amp.. my 203 doesn't have the pre-amp..

So torn..

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.