• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666

Ahh.. I didn't realize my Yaesu and Icom's were so inadequate and deaf. Maybe those stations I hear that are not even registering on the meter are really not there. Maybe all the stations I have worked around the world are not really there. I guess I need to have my rigs worked on by your tech so I can here more? I still stand by my statement if you buy something and it needs to be fixed before you can use it is a waste of money but to each their own.

Reactions: n8fgb
Ahh.. I didn't realize my Yaesu and Icom's were so inadequate and deaf. Maybe those stations I hear that are not even registering on the meter are really not there. Maybe all the stations I have worked around the world are not really there. I guess I need to have my rigs worked on by your tech so I can here more? I still stand by my statement if you buy something and it needs to be fixed before you can use it is a waste of money but to each their own.
Like I said to each his own. Regardless of how much noise a receiver has there will always be a point that an incoming signal will not register but be heard. The only real test is on a bench comparing its side by side to another rig with the same signal generator. I had the opportunity to play with an Icom 7000 and was not impressed with the factory receiver sensitivity. Fortunately after having the receiver reworked it's performance was comparable to all of my other radios.

question
i would like to ask here is is this -135DBm (0.0399Uv)@ 50 ohm at 10Db sinad or 12 db sinad or 10 dB S + N/N i see no where what that is referenced to
just you posting a number please explain the test procedure? .

i have yet to see any cb shop video show this in there super duper "tests "
(well expect two guys in Europe but their English is second language and unbearable however interesting videos with real merit and no sloppy tilting videos )

also has he taken into account noise in the test gear?
..his detected level maybe lower than this -135db figure ;)

question
i would like to ask here is is this -135DBm (0.0399Uv)@ 50 ohm at 10Db sinad or 12 db sinad or 10 dB S + N/N i see no where what that is referenced to
just you posting a number please explain the test procedure? .

i have yet to see any cb shop video show this in there super duper "tests "
(well expect two guys in Europe but their English is second language and unbearable however interesting videos with real merit and no sloppy tilting videos )

also has he taken into account noise in the test gear?
..his detected level maybe lower than this -135db figure ;)
I relayed your question to him and he did not directly answer my question so I'm unable to accurately give you information you're looking for. He has several videos perhaps if you watch all of them you might be able to extrapolate the information

Everybody has a different definition of what works for them. Some people think the ability to hear incoming signals .3uv in strength is perfectly acceptable.
My standards are much higher than most people so even if I bought an Icom or Yaesu, I would still need the receiver reworked to be able to hear .0399uv of incoming signal

Why? Its below the noise floor of every single HF band anywhere on planet earth. Even if you went into outer space it would be below the noise floor of every single HF band anywhere in our galaxy. There is simply no benefit at all to doing that and in fact it usually ends up being detrimental as it absolutely destroys the selectivity turning the radio into a splatterbox which sees the signal you're trying to listen to being swamped by the one on the adjacent channel or nearby frequency. It was common here in the UK in the 70s and 80s to do to CBs what you do and it just wrecked them and made them unusable.

Selectivity of a HF transceiver is infinitely more important than selectivity because we've already got to the point where even a cheap $50 CB can hear below the noise floor of anywhere in our galaxy However when it comes to selectivity, the ability to hear a weak signal with a strong one nearby, there is a world of difference between various radios. That is where you need to be concentrating your efforts on.

Reactions: vkrules
One of these days if time permits I might send one of these rigs to Sherwood engineering for analysis to give you the information you are looking for

You may not want to do that when you see how poor the 2kHz dynamic range is compared to a stock one.

Remember if you have a radio that can normally hear to 0.3uV and you mod it to hear 0.03uV you're going to reduce the dynamic range in the line of around 10dB which is not a good thing.

Reactions: vkrules
What? So because he is an "Extra" that makes it okay? Lot's of book smart Extra's out there.
It doesn't make it okay it means he sent those people money and he got what he ordered. The whole point of mentioning this guy was to validate the legitimacy of the website offering that radio @ $180 to alleviate any concerns you might send your money and get ripped off because it's a Chinese company.
Somebody thought the website looked fishy.

You may not want to do that when you see how poor the 2kHz dynamic range is compared to a stock one.

Remember if you have a radio that can normally hear to 0.3uV and you mod it to hear 0.03uV you're going to reduce the dynamic range in the line of around 10dB which is not a good thing.
I have no idea what that means

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?