• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANYTONE 6666

Someone mentioned in an earlier comment the way he has it set up its like having 400 memory channels and said he was thinking of a demo on youtube. I remember you mentioning all the comments you had about the audio, that's not my complaint.I like to have the windows open while the weather is nice (keep in mind my use is mobile, yours at home) with the windows down I did receive a couple comments about background noise. I wasn't sure a six pin adapter would work the one I saw online was listed as radio specific and wasn't sure if it would work or not, and thanks for 12v at the center pin, it was one of the things concerning me (wasn't sure if the 12v was needed on an rk56 due to the lack of the up and down buttons ...

I bought one of these and though I would post a follow up since I just had a chance to put an antenna on my 2014 F-150 and try the radio mobile. I have to admit I was not expecting very much after reading some of the other reviews.

I wanted to get t in the truck for a road trip we're taking to the Outer Banks of NC; leaving next Friday. I'm also taking along my Alinco DX-70TH to operate portable with a dipole. Anyway I mounted a Breedlove stake pocket mount in the drivers side rear stake pocket and ran a ground strap from the mount to a bolt under the bed. I wussed out on running power from the battery until I really have a chance to figure a good route for the wire. Instead I looked at the manual and found the 12v power outlets in the F-150 are good for 15 amps and wired up a 12 amp lighter plug I had in the junk box. I expected a lot of electrical noise.

Anyway the antenna is a Pro-comm HF stick I bought from K1CRA on eBay and a brass quick disconnect that adds another 4 inches to the antenna. Right off the bat with a random coax length SWR was under 1.5:1 from 27.185 to 28.350. Alrighty then. I fired up the 6666 and tuned around. 10m was dead but I listened to some chat on 27.185 and the audio is nice and clear and not offensive at all. What I didn't expect was firing up the 5.0L V8 and NOT getting one speck of electrical noise in the audio at all. I though the 12v rear outlet and the fuel pump on the F-150 would kill the receive but there is absolutely no noise at all, even revving the engine.

I'm going to use the radio on the road for 10 meters and channel 19 if I need to.

RatsoW8 Thanks for the info, glad to hear it worked ok for you, some vehicles have all kinds of issues and some don't. In your case I guess the radio NB must be doing something

A very uneducated review (lol) I bought one from Tom a few weeks back. So far I've had no trouble including the noise in recieve you guys are talking about and mine is running mobile in a Volvo 680 (one of the crappiest tractors on the road as far as noise goes) I've also had it hooked up in my '04 Sierra with no noise. Memories work fine as far as holding mode but patiently waiting for the youtube video explaining 400.

The 400 memories are enabled when you use the channel knob to 'tune' the channel to another frequency. This can be many 'channels away from where you start. An example would be to have channel 35 (27.355) retuned with the channel knob to 27.415. The 40 CB channel band would now have a new frequency between channels 34 and channel 36 and this would stay. This can be done for each of the ten bands of 40 channels or 400 channels. I have the done this for the lower voice frequencies of ten meters so each channel would retain the zero at the end instead of 5 kHz including mode of USB.
Remember that each short press of the channel knob will move the flashing digit from one kHz to one mHz. And allow fast tuning or the '400 memory' setting.

73 mechanic

The 400 memories are enabled when you use the channel knob to 'tune' the channel to another frequency. This can be many 'channels away from where you start. An example would be to have channel 35 (27.355) retuned with the channel knob to 27.415. The 40 CB channel band would now have a new frequency between channels 34 and channel 36 and this would stay. This can be done for each of the ten bands of 40 channels or 400 channels. I have the done this for the lower voice frequencies of ten meters so each channel would retain the zero at the end instead of 5 kHz including mode of USB.
Remember that each short press of the channel knob will move the flashing digit from one kHz to one mHz. And allow fast tuning or the '400 memory' setting.

73 mechanic

I'll give it try , kinda like band stacking my 857D ( I think lol)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.