• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANYTONE 6666

It's another radio that has potential, but fails.

Just a few things...

>SSB receive distortion

>Impotent NB

>Barely touch the RF gain pot and it maxes out

>Only 6 memory channels (come on! Really?)

>Mode not saved in memory

>Programming software failure out of the box

I agree with all Duster found but mine seems not to be too 'buzzy' on receive. actually I find it to be OK but can be improved. For the memory, mine holds the mode and I do not know about the software. Mine is a prototype so I do not expect a proper rig out of it.
I had several good contacts with mine, it worked good but not perfect! From what I have read and seen, the 6666 is a spin off of the Lincoln II with a different control 'head' and that makes it quite different,,,, I am pretty sure both rigs come out of the same factory. On the site, 'http://hardtrance303.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-88.html', There are found several mods for the Lincoln II. these may be the 'fixes' for our 'prototype' examples as the main board is very close. Problem for some is that the build is mostly SMD components. <can not stand it>

73 mechanic

Hidden feature?

10 meter was open quite well this evening and I was working several HAMs in Illinois, Missouri and Kentucky. Good transmit audio reports with lots of QSB on the band. Even with the buzzy receive audio, what I heard was pretty good and I guess my ears can get used to the AT6666.
As I was tuning around the bands including 11 meters, the bands A through J are divided into 40 ten kiloHertz segments but what I found interesting is that each 'channel' can be tuned to any frequency, here is the good part.... each of the selected frequencies, no matter where you tune or what increment you have used, will be there if you 'channel up or down' and back to the frequency (channel)! So what I see is that the AT6666 has 400 memories plus the six given! :w00t:
With this feature one could set aside one band and tune each of those channels for, lets say, the New Zealand CB frequencies.... or the old UK frequencies!
To clarify this I may make a You Tube video featuring these 400 memories or 400 VFO memorys, one per channel on each band.

Fun stuff! 73 mechanic

Last edited:
Hmm! just like the maxlogs.

I gather that production units will have the last mode remembered on each band and channel.... (y)

On mine and since it is an early example, I have to set this up on each channel but not a problem as it does work and makes the rig sort of custom that way! Maybe I can set the color of the display to match the different bands!!! :w00t:

73 mechanic

Last edited:
Tom,

Maybe you should let your ham friend borrow these rigs. I think a second "EAR" would have caught the shitty distorted receive on the AT-6666.

Maybe I need a hearing aid or something I sure didn't hear any distorted receive, maybe not crystal clear like a stereo speaker but sure sounded ok on my external Motorola speaker

Maybe I need a hearing aid or something I sure didn't hear any distorted receive, maybe not crystal clear like a stereo speaker but sure sounded ok on my external Motorola speaker

Duster tell you what I'll do I would like to have a 6666 how about you send me yours, if it gets here and it works and isn't hacked up I'll give you 250. Sounds like the Optima deal we did a while ago. If you really hate the 6666 that much I will take it back for a slight loss on your part but you did get to try it and I don't see what is wrong as you do as we did with the Optima. I think 250 is fair and I'll pay the 20 dollar postage too so 270 total as long as it works like it did when new

Last edited:
A very uneducated review (lol) I bought one from Tom a few weeks back. So far I've had no trouble including the noise in recieve you guys are talking about and mine is running mobile in a Volvo 680 (one of the crappiest tractors on the road as far as noise goes) I've also had it hooked up in my '04 Sierra with no noise. Memories work fine as far as holding mode but patiently waiting for the youtube video explaining 400.
I would also like schematics or at the very least the wiring diagram for the mic, I did have a couple complaints (?) about backround noise in fair weather with the windows down and would love to throw a rk-56 on it for a couple reports.

A very uneducated review (lol) I bought one from Tom a few weeks back. So far I've had no trouble including the noise in recieve you guys are talking about and mine is running mobile in a Volvo 680 (one of the crappiest tractors on the road as far as noise goes) I've also had it hooked up in my '04 Sierra with no noise. Memories work fine as far as holding mode but patiently waiting for the youtube video explaining 400.
I would also like schematics or at the very least the wiring diagram for the mic, I did have a couple complaints (?) about backround noise in fair weather with the windows down and would love to throw a rk-56 on it for a couple reports.

What are you talking about with 400? If I remember the center pin on the mic has 12v so you could always get a 6 pin plug and give it a trial and error until you get the correct. I did try my Magnum mic adapter and was told the stock mic sounded better then anything I tried.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.